Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downforce End of Year Banquet Saturday Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downforce End of Year Banquet Saturday Night?

Has anyone gotten any information on what to expect Saturday night at the Banquet? I have gotten the emailed invitation, but yet I have some other questions.

Do we know what drivers will be in attendance? (this would help in getting driver specific items signed)

What exactly is buisness casual dress?(I know what I wear to work, but what should we plan on.....to late for a tux rental )

Where is this place? (I know it's the hospitiality pavalion, but where is that? Is it inside? Golf course? if it's inside where do we enter, what gate?)

Food?.....the age old question. Do we eat prior to?

Is there a program, or should I show up fashionably late?

Thanks in advance for all of your knowledge.

As MC for this event, I can tell you that I know next to nothing!

Here is what I do know...Food will be light hors d'oeuvres (ie: not a sit down meal)

-- There will be a DJ and maybe some dancing later in the evening...?

-- A stage is being set for up front, but there is no 'Featured Speaker" un-like last years Donald Davidson or previous years Tom Carnegie. A screen is expected for race Highlights to be played.

-- I would hope the winner of the ICS and IPS Awards will speak for a few minutes and take some questions, as in the past. Autographs and pictures? Maybe.

-- As for which drivers will/will not be there...The IRL is not saying.

-- Business casual is basically no Tee-Shirts or shorts.

-- Announcements and maybe a door prize or 'seat-upgrade' drawing (For a lucky person or two to sit with a Driver or other dignitary) will take place about 6:15...Awards will be about 20 minutes later according to what I have been told.

-- Location is before you go up to the steps of the Brickyard Hotel, turn right and go down the steps to the Pavilion Level. Turn right and through the double doors and you are there.

See you on Saturday!

TommyD.
    Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
    It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

I thought that the hospitality pavilion was behind the pagoda! Thanks Tommy. You saved a bail out on Saturday.
      The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

I know of two drivers that are going to be in Portugal this weekend racing in the A1GP race...
        -Kaaveh
        http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by TommyDaComic
          As MC for this event, I can tell you that I know next to nothing!
          I'll second that he knows next to nothing.

Have heard a few of his jokes for the banquet and they are pretty good. He should be entertaining as always.

Comment

What will we need to enter - I have the invitation copy, will that do?
            Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go
              What will we need to enter - I have the invitation copy, will that do?
              Nothing, you should have responded to a RSVP prior to the 15th and should have recieved a confirmation today.

Comment

On the foods question, I would eat a light meal before coming since it will be just hors d'oeuvres. We never did see a menu that IRL decided upon.

There is a program:
                6:00 P.M. – 6:30 P.M. WELCOME RECEPTION
                6:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. AWARDS PRESENTATION
                7:30 P.M. – 10:00 P.M. CELEBRATION

Doors will not open until 6pm btw so showing up at 5 won't do any good because you will just be standing around.

There will be a few drivers there is what I was told. Some have prior arrangements like the Panther drivers will be racing, Foyt IV is racing, and few others have vacation and events coming up which meant they could not come.

There is a DJ for dancing and I heard he will get people dancing (well that is what Duncan said on Saturday)

Business casual is what Tommy said but also no blue jeans either...like Dockers and a nice polo top (or a long sleeve dress or demin shirt)- you don't have to wear a tie. Girls is basically dress pants, shirt and nice top or a dress.

Comment

You named several drivers you know will not be there......do you know of any drivers who will be there? I am assuming Danica will be there since she is Rookie of the Year.......and maybe won MPDA???? I even bought a photo and 1:18 car for her to sign (and that's quite a compliment to her since I am on a fixed income and am not spending money on "non-essentials).
                  In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Originally posted by jrandrew00
                    Nothing, you should have responded to a RSVP prior to the 15th and should have recieved a confirmation today.
                    I RSVPed a long time ago, but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpfan8
                      I RSVPed a long time ago, but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail

Perhaps they heard you would be wearing the ears??

...---...

Comment

business casual in INDY = polo & khakis

in Florida = Tommy Bahama shirt and dress shorts......
                        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                          I'll second that he knows next to nothing.

Have heard a few of his jokes for the banquet and they are pretty good. He should be entertaining as always.
                          Thanks Slim...I think?!?!?

It will be a fun time had by all...If you aren't coming, you'll just have to read all about it here at TF. Hmmmmmm, wonder if it will get it's own Attendance Thread?!?!

Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                          It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

I thought we were supposed to receive an email yesterday regarding an open house? Here it is nearly 5pm Indy time and still no email.

Comment

I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail as of 5:00 Gomer time. What should I do? Any Downforce insiders know what's up?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X