Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Indycar 2022

Moving to March…?
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Are they going to grind that gunk off of it?
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Something about rearranging the deck chairs.

Comment

Weather can be 93 or 39 LOL. I've been at TMS for both...in the same weekend.
        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

As long as that crap is on the track the track is ruined. They shouldn't even be going back. I paid for tix this year and was the most bored I've ever been at a race track... even worse than the 2002 F1 IMS GP
          RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post
            As long as that crap is on the track the track is ruined. They shouldn't even be going back. I paid for tix this year and was the most bored I've ever been at a race track... even worse than the 2002 F1 IMS GP
            The 2002 F1 season was so bad lol. Not just that race. My condolences.

Comment

Yeah, reading that in Racer earlier, my reaction is “meh”. It doesn’t really matter whether it’s in March or June as long as the track is one groove through the turns. Whatever happened to the thrilling side-by-side action Texas was sure to deliver?! Must-see TV, as they say (back in the ‘90s)!

Comment

https://racer.com/2021/09/14/indycar...dule-for-2022/

I actually like moving Texas before Indy and wish there could be one more oval early. Being on network is a good thing prior to Indy., the downside is a Saturday night against possible March Madness. What I dislike is the once a month race to start the season, I don't see how that generates early momentum or interest.

Otherwise it's nothing new and that's not good because it's not like this season built some wave of excitement with wildly increased awareness or interest that sameness would build on.
                "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                "They're criminals"
                "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Even a hot Texas March is a lot better than a hot Texas June!
                  Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

As others have said, the NASCAR tire compound has ruined that track, time to move on
                    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
                      Weather can be 93 or 39 LOL. I've been at TMS for both...in the same weekend.
                      Not really, not for March 20. Unless I read wrong (and that has happened a few times in my life).. The Farmer's almanac lists a maximum for March 20 as 68. Mean is 55. Low is 41. Good news is zero to low precipitation chances.
                      Let's pray that its closer to the high or to your 64 than it is to the mean, otherwise nobody will show up and they'll change the date again in 2023 and people will get tired of the changes and that will be that for Texas.
                      "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

https://www.weather.gov/fwd/dfw_normals I understand what you're saying, but if you click on March on this historical page, for March 20 you'll see years with 92F and years with 15F.
                        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing View Post
                          As others have said, the NASCAR tire compound has ruined that track, time to move on
                          Yes they have...but disagree about moving on. Firestone needs to make a tire to combat that crap. Plain and simple.
                          RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

Originally posted by SactoIndyFan View Post

Yes they have...but disagree about moving on. Firestone needs to make a tire to combat that crap. Plain and simple.
                            I respectfully suggest that IndyCar try running on fresh "goop". Who's to say it wouldn't work? Apparently it's slippery only when it's old.

Comment

Originally posted by SactoIndyFan View Post

I know, right? How many years has that stuff been on the TMS surface? The inability to run on it at this inexcusable.
                              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X