No announcement yet.

Indycar caution period lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen! This needs to be addressed. Hopefully if we ***** loud enough the series will look at it. And while we’re at it can we for the love of God have designated restart zones at every track??? The leader can literally go whenever he wants and that sure does take out any excitement for us fans. It’s not that hard, just create restart zones and make them ON THE STRAIGHTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post

They can still re-set the order and count the lap under yellow before a fresh start for fuel consumption purposes.
      Good point.
      I was thinking about a non-start situation (incident before the green).
      You’re correct, once the green flys, the race has started even if it immediately goes yellow and fuel usage isn’t a concern for a restart.
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

Yes it was, that was mentioned by the announcers during the broadcast, they even showed location of the time lines in the festival curves that were used to determine re-ordering the field.
        I remember them showing the lines but not talking about the cars cutting the corner being sent behind the drivers that made it.

Why I was wondering is it looked liked some drivers gave up too easily and cut the corner, I would have made every effort possible to find even a slow way through knowing it would put me ahead of the cars that cut.

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

How so?
          As others have answered....self starting
          Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post

I remember them showing the lines but not talking about the cars cutting the corner being sent behind the drivers that made it.

Why I was wondering is it looked liked some drivers gave up too easily and cut the corner, I would have made every effort possible to find even a slow way through knowing it would put me ahead of the cars that cut.
            Colton got totally boozed, screwed and tattooed. He was forced off, saves his car, but he was caught on the wrong side of the kerbs. They sent him to the back. He should have done a 180 burnout in the runoff and gone back around turn 1 on the track.
            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X