Hinch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinch

I was excited that Hinch got the AA ride. But if he doesn’t raise his game soon, I doubt we’ll see him next year. I hope he can turn things around.

Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
    I was excited that Hinch got the AA ride. But if he doesn’t raise his game soon, I doubt we’ll see him next year. I hope he can turn things around.
    I read this in Michael Andretti's voice.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

The team on the whole stinks lately.
      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Hinch will be doing TV next year and somebody else will running around the back in a car they're paying for. I don't believe he's really that slow, AA just doesn't have the resources to run all the cars they show up with.

Comment

The rest of the field raised their game. The rise of Palou, Grosjean, O'Ward and Ericcson actually hurt AA more than it did Penske.
          The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

Comment

Hinch is a great guy and a decent driver - but he is being overwhelmed by this wave of new talent that are among the best newcomers ever. Also, AA needs to get its stuff together and focus on Herta and Rossi - get that part of the team to "a" status nad then THINK about adding a third car - none of this 5 car BS - they clearly can't sustain it.... That being said - cooperation with other teams/sharing resources like with Shank may actually be a good way forward as long as they focus on Herta and Rossi - there is ZERO reason those two should not be competing for the win at every race.

Comment

James is a better driver than his results this year would suggest (as others have mentioned because of Michael over-stretching himself). That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him marry part time driving with time in the booth next year. I think that he will end up replacing PT alongside Townsend Bell at NBC.

In terms of Andretti Autosport, he should really start doing the Dick Simon Racing strategy of focusing most of their energy on two drivers (Herta and Rossi) and then fill the other cars with pay drivers to help fund the effort of the A drivers

Comment

At the Tuesday test, it was:
                Herta 1:11.65
                Rossi 1:11.89
                RHR 1:12.21
                Hinch 1:12.87

In other words, the top 3 were within .56, while the gap to Hinch was an additional .66. Is this down to resources?

Comment

I very much doubt Hinch will return in 2022 with AA

I believe AA will be
                  Herta
                  Rossi
                  Grosjean
                  Kirkwood

RHR to Coyne, and Hinch... I have no idea
                  RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post
                    At the Tuesday test, it was:
                    Herta 1:11.65
                    Rossi 1:11.89
                    RHR 1:12.21
                    Hinch 1:12.87

In other words, the top 3 were within .56, while the gap to Hinch was an additional .66. Is this down to resources?
                    With testing they could have been all working on different programs so it's hard for us to know, but the times do not look good for the two typical slow guys on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post

With testing they could have been all working on different programs so it's hard for us to know, but the times do not look good for the two typical slow guys on the team.
                      possible, but the "results" all appear similar to the races and qualifying this year.

Comment

I am still a huge Hinch fan, but I think a realistic summation is required at this stage in his career. Hinch is a good driver, probably above average overall. But look at the depth of the field now vs when he was getting wins and podiums more regularly. The quality from top to bottom is significantly higher now than it was in the 2012-2017 time frame, so its really not much of a surprise how his shuffle down the finishing order has played out.

I also think being out of the car for pretty much all of last year really hurt, and I also wonder if the terrible accident he had at Indy may still play a bit of a role mentally.

Ultimately I think he goes to Indy only starting next year with maybe some occasional road course rides. He has a bright future in TV and I would not be shocked to see him picked up for NBC, maybe even starting next year. I think he also knows that he has a great shot in the broadcasting world and that's why he's been taking any opportunity he can to polish up the resume in that world.

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post
                          I very much doubt Hinch will return in 2022 with AA

I believe AA will be
                          Herta
                          Rossi
                          Grosjean
                          Kirkwood

RHR to Coyne, and Hinch... I have no idea
                          RHR to sports cars and part time AA 5th car is the popular rumor. He's a 500 winner so he'll always be welcomed back in some capacity.
                          "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Hinchcliffe did a fine job as a part timer last year (he was the highest classified Andretti Autosport driver at the Indy 500 and definitely had a shot to win at St. Pete) but this year it seems to be a huge struggle for him but I think that's more on the team than on him. I really hope he can grab a couple of podiums and even a win, that might 'save' him for next year, otherwise I think he'll be gone but I still could see him getting another full time ride at what should be a less competitive team.
                            IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris R View Post
                              Hinch is a great guy and a decent driver - but he is being overwhelmed by this wave of new talent that are among the best newcomers ever.
                              Well, he did it to Marco. I always thought that’s why he got fired.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X