• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Time Winners

4 time winners.jpg

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...om/8038482002/
    KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

This quote from Roger hit me....

After post after post after post about their post race embrace....or lack thereof....it sheds a little light on it.

"Helio winning his fourth not in our car was a tough day for me"
    Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Very cool
      "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

I just got a new background picture on my computer now, awesome! Thank you for sharing.

So glad they got the chance to do this, that's just awesome.
        RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

I was hoping they'd get all four together for a photo shoot....real soon. With Al and AJ in particular getting up there in age, we never know when they won't be able to travel and participate much anymore. It's good that they were able to have a "good" day together.

But I couldn't help but notice....

“It’s no different after you win it once,” says Foyt, the first driver ever to win the Greatest Spectacle in Racing four times in 1979. “You got the first one, and that’s what counts.”

Doctorindy.com

Comment

Helio looks so young.

Comment

And so short.
              "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

The rest of Penske's quote, for me, comes off as egocentric, making it about him.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo8fan View Post
                  The rest of Penske's quote, for me, comes off as egocentric, making it about him.
                  Only 1 of the 4-timers (Foyt) didn't earn at least one of those wins driving for Penske. Of the 16 Indy wins represented here, half were earned in Penske cars.

So, whatevs.
                  "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

"If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Rick must feel like a proud teacher standing next to his prize pupil. His influence on Helio has been monumental.
                      KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Comment

What a wonderful and historic photo. I am so glad that all four were ... around to participate in it.

Comment

This is so special, as race fans we need to savor this moment

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                            And so short.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X