• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC and Indy Car to re-up

https://racer.com/2021/07/19/indycar...ear-extension/

Thoughts?

I only want to point out that this is

in your face Norris McDonald
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

This is good news. Looking forward to hearing the details.

Comment

Sigh of relief! Great news! Glad they got it done. I was very worried about this. What shocks me even more is NBC is prepared to have even more races on the network. IndyCar could not have asked for a better deal given the current market.

Comment

Any TV deal is far better than no TV deal
          Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

More network races is awesome!
            Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Good news!
              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Box Gear View Post

Sigh of relief! Great news! Glad they got it done. I was very worried about this. What shocks me even more is NBC is prepared to have even more races on the network. IndyCar could not have asked for a better deal given the current market.
                I think NBC likes the shorter road/street races for tight broadcast schedules, which is a warning to NASCAR. Those 3-1/2 hour slogs aren't cutting it in today's market, ICS is a better fit.

Comment

Once again, thanks, Roger. I'm pretty old to write a fan letter but I might do it, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Remi View Post

I think NBC likes the shorter road/street races for tight broadcast schedules, which is a warning to NASCAR. Those 3-1/2 hour slogs aren't cutting it in today's market, ICS is a better fit.
                    I would say that NBC likes the RC/SC races that fit in a specific window, sometimes closed by timed race, because they don't want to devote any more broadcast time to the low rated events. They do favor NASCAR which brings in 3 times as many viewers for their longer races.

Great that more races will be on the network, we had experts chime in how USA Network wasn't interested in showing IndyCar races. Which I thought odd because it's not like USA is anything but a division of NBC/Universal. Still it has to be seen what NASCAR's new TV package looks like and where those IndyCar on NBC races fit. IndyCar, with Texas if it returns and the rare doubleheader being the exception, is a near exclusive Sunday afternoon show so who knows how that will mesh with NASCAR's schedules going forward because they haven't set one for 2022 and are looking for a new TV deal.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I'd like to see the details once it's official, but based off what has reported this seems like great news. more races on big boy NBC is fantastic, and we've seen real ratings growth with NBC this year. hope this continues.
                      RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

The details is where we really learn things.

- How many years is “multi-year”. 2? 5? What?

- For how many $$.

- How much content is going to be streamed? And does that include actual races?

- Does Comcast have an actual commitment to USA Network as a place for live sports, like TNT is; or is it just going to slough off some auto racing there and then return to the 5000th rerun of some 90s cop show otherwise?

- The other week in - week out properties on NBC are set for a while. A long term deal with the PGA and three years to burn off with NASCAR. The NHL is gone. How much creative scheduling is needed to get this in?

Comment

https://www.indycar.com/News/2021/07...-NBC-Agreement

Comment

Peacock also will have live streams of every race, including two exclusively that will be announced at a later date.

Comment

Outstanding
                              Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X