The IRL is not a charity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IRL is not a charity!

I don't give a flip what nationality Tomas Scheckter is, he was awesome in Eddie's other car and he earned the ride.

To give it to somebody slower because he is American would be a sham.

The IRL has guaranteed opportunities for American drivers. Success must be earned. Scheckter earned it. Buddy Rice did not.

:mad:
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Yep.

Eddie may lok at a USAC guy in a couple of years after (and if) he wins a IPS championship.
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Yep, he did.
      I'm liking the Kruzman story. Helps keep it all in perspective. Get those American guys rides, especially the deserving ones. All the while its even better with them chasing down Schekter, Giaffone, Gil and Helio. Go Stars and Stripes!
      "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

Fastest shoe rules!!!
        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas:
          <STRONG>Yep.

Eddie may look at a USAC guy in a couple of years after (and if) he wins a IPS championship.</STRONG>
          First none of the guys that Eddie tested were USAC guys. You might be surprised to find out how well one of them would have done in a good car if given the chance.

I firmly believe that Jimmy Kite would have done as well or better than Tomas. But we will never know.
          I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MicroRacer:
            <STRONG>I firmly believe that Jimmy Kite would have done as well or better than Tomas. But we will never know.</STRONG>
            And I firmly believe that there are probably 20 current or former F1 test drivers that could have done just as good in their FIRST try as well.

This is not rocket science to the road racers. They are used to getting in the car and looking for the edge were the back-end will come around. Yet they get in an IRL car and go flat out without ever feeling the car get loose.

Just wait until he and some of the CART drivers like Franchitti get to Indy where they have experience driving a car that is pushing in a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Bone:
              <STRONG>
              This is not rocket science to the road racers. They are used to getting in the car and looking for the edge were the back-end will come around. Yet they get in an IRL car and go flat out without ever feeling the car get loose.

Just wait until he and some of the CART drivers like Franchitti get to Indy where they have experience driving a car that is pushing in a corner.</STRONG>
              Not so fast, bone.

To claim it is that easy is to miss the fact that Scheckter still has a hard time finding the apex, thus causing him to cut an inordinate amount of tires on a dirty track.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                [QB]

To claim it is that easy is to miss the fact that Scheckter still has a hard time finding the apex, thus causing him to cut an inordinate amount of tires on a dirty track."

Now missing the apex is faster?
                I'm dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by MicroRacer:
                  <STRONG>I firmly believe that Jimmy Kite would have done as well or better than Tomas. But we will never know.</STRONG>

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Austin:
                    Now missing the apex is faster?
                    It may be, but it tears the heck out of the tires. It kind of reminds me of the Days of Thunder scenario.

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: R_Mears_Fan ]
                    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                      <STRONG>

Not so fast, bone.

To claim it is that easy is to miss the fact that Scheckter still has a hard time finding the apex, thus causing him to cut an inordinate amount of tires on a dirty track.</STRONG>
                      There you go again. Coming on an internet forum and using facts. What were you thinking.
                      Terrible moderators can destroy great forums

Comment

>>>>This is not rocket science to the road racers. They are used to getting in the car and looking for the edge were the back-end will come around. Yet they get in an IRL car and go flat out without ever feeling the car get loose.<<<<

Well, Kenny Brack came from a road racing background and didn’t exactly have instant success on ovals. If you remember back to his first year in the IRL with Galles, about the only thing he managed to do, was tear up a bunch of equipment.

Guys, it’s not that hard to figure out, the most talented drivers adapt quickly to different equipment and tracks. It didn’t take oval tracker Jeff Gordon a long time to get the hang of running road courses and regularly thump the “hired guns” that show up for every Nascar road race. The same goes for Stewart, he shows up without any background running rc’s and he manages to compete head to head with drivers like Pruett and R. Gordon, who have a bunch of top level road racing experience. Does this prove that oval trackers have an advantage on road courses? Of course not, it simply demonstrates that talented drivers have the ability to adapt their skills quickly to new racing environments.

Comment

Rocket science not needed for this experiment. Start a list using your favorite medium. Word, Yellow Legal Pad or Big Chief will all work. List in one column all of the qualified drivers for the IRL (or any series you would like to run this experiment on) and then list in another column the available rides. See which list is bigger. If you find a series where there are more available rides than qualified drivers, let me know, 'cause I'm looking for a ride!
                          Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Y'all know what a big IRL fan I am, and given that fact, I too am joining the 'Eddie-Cheever-hired-the-best-shoe-for-the-ride' fan club.

Eddie did it right. He tested a number of good drivers, then picked the one he thought he could win races with. Good for him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X