No announcement yet.

Too Early for 2022 Silly Season Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change in teams will not help a driver who is hard on tires. Sergio Perez has been with 4 teams and has been brilliant with tire management at all of them. Harvey needs to find a solution here. It probably has something to do with his right foot.

On the other hand, Jack should get improved strategy calls at RLL. I felt as if that area was one of their strengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shake speare View Post
      A change in teams will not help a driver who is hard on tires. Sergio Perez has been with 4 teams and has been brilliant with tire management at all of them. Harvey needs to find a solution here. It probably has something to do with his right foot.

On the other hand, Jack should get improved strategy calls at RLL. I felt as if that area was one of their strengths.
      If Jack Harvey can bring the team as a whole better qualifying results, I think they'll take the trade-off that he is hard on his tires in the races.

Comment

• Originally posted by ay1 View Post

If Jack Harvey can bring the team as a whole better qualifying results, I think they'll take the trade-off that he is hard on his tires in the races.
        Yes, better for Graham and the team, but Harvey will still be in the same predicament (was my point) unless he changes something about the way he manages his tires. If he qualifies top 5, he still has the exact same problem as he had at MSR--he's got a train of monsters behind him driving similar cars, all better at managing tires (except Pato).

Comment

Yes, better for Graham and the team, but Harvey will still be in the same predicament (was my point) unless he changes something about the way he manages his tires. If he qualifies top 5, he still has the exact same problem as he had at MSR--he's got a train of monsters behind him driving similar cars, all better at managing tires (except Pato).
          If Jack Harvey can qualify in the top five consistently and has trouble managing his tires, I view it in the same way as having "too many cars." It's a good problem to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by vintage View Post
            Yes.
            But it's not inexpensive to do. There are lots of mounting pieces and plumbing that the team has to pay for.

Comment

• Both Marshall Pruett and Kevin Lee continued to say in the past couple of days that all signs for the third Rahal Letterman Lanigan ride point to Christian Lundgaard in that car. While Pruett has left open a "Hail Mary" possibility on both his podcast and in print on Racer for Santino Ferrucci to get the ride, Lee ruled Ferrucci out of the mix altogether on Trackside last night.

Comment

• What’s Interesting is their is a tweet quoting Bob Rahal where he says the car is fully funded and does not hinge on drivers providing funding… and yet the pundits tell us that CL would be bringing a ton of funding to the car

EDIT - not a quote from Bob but relayed by Nathan Brown at Indystar:

https://twitter.com/by_nathanbrown/s...846510594?s=21
                Memories of Indy 2012:
                ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
                Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrapperJ View Post
                  What’s Interesting is their is a tweet quoting Bob Rahal where he says the car is fully funded and does not hinge on drivers providing funding… and yet the pundits tell us that CL would be bringing a ton of funding to the car

EDIT - not a quote from Bob but relayed by Nathan Brown at Indystar:

https://twitter.com/by_nathanbrown/s...846510594?s=21
                  A fully funded car can always use more funding, those extra funds may just end up in the owners pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baulz View Post

A fully funded car can always use more funding, those extra funds may just end up in the owners pockets.
                    Or help a team pay for its new facility.

Comment

While Pruett has left open a "Hail Mary" possibility on both his podcast and in print on Racer for Santino Ferrucci to get the ride, Lee ruled Ferrucci out of the mix altogether on Trackside last night.
                      I take my hat off to him—Marshall Pruett is making a concerted effort not to show his bias against Santino.

Comment

I take my hat off to him—Marshall Pruett is making a concerted effort not to show his bias against Santino.
                        Marshall Pruett has been up front that while he doesn't like Santino Ferrucci the person, he has an appreciation for Santino Ferrucci the driver and believes there is a place for him in the IndyCar Series. I don't think that the fact that Pruett is not a fan of the personal side of Ferrucci has anything at all to do with whether or not he is hired by Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.

Comment

Or help a team pay for its new facility.
                          Exactly. Just like Williams using pay drivers money to help them rebuild.

Comment

Marshall Pruett has been up front that while he doesn't like Santino Ferrucci the person, he has an appreciation for Santino Ferrucci the driver and believes there is a place for him in the IndyCar Series. I don't think that the fact that Pruett is not a fan of the personal side of Ferrucci has anything at all to do with whether or not he is hired by Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
                            Thank you for helping me make my point. In my opinion it is not the purview of Marshall Pruett to play any role in a biased narrative about a driver (outside actual performance). Other than that, I have always enjoyed his style of writing and the insight he brings.

But I agree with you--I don't think Rahal's decision hinges on MP's words.

Comment

Thank you for helping me make my point. In my opinion it is not the purview of Marshall Pruett to play any role in a biased narrative about a driver (outside actual performance). Other than that, I have always enjoyed his style of writing and the insight he brings.

But I agree with you--I don't think Rahal's decision hinges on MP's words.
                              I think it is important to say that do not see bias in Marshall Pruett's reporting on Racer on Santino Ferrucci. The only bias, and Pruett readily acknowledges this, is on his podcast where he talks about his dislike for the Santino the person, which he always balances by saying that he thinks Santino the driver is awesome. Do I think a fictional Marshall Pruett Racing IndyCar Team would ever hire Santino? No. Do I think Marshall Pruett the journalist wishes Santino ill will? No. It's a nuanced position, but most things are not black and white.

Comment

• Herta was on the timing stand for Kirkwood yesterday. Confirmation or weird coincidence?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X