No announcement yet.

Too Early for 2022 Silly Season Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Early for 2022 Silly Season Thread?

If someone already started a thread I apologize.

My gut says Rinius VeeKay replaces Pagenaud in the # 22 at Penske.

Pagenaud OR Magnussen goes to a possible third entry at AMSP.

Does Hunter-Reay retire at the end of this season opening a seat at Andretti Autosport?

🤔🏁
    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Probably too early, silly season usually starts around August I feel. But my gut says RHR will be back at AA next year. I think Ed will do whatever he can to keep Rinus, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Felix not back in the #10 car for AMSP next year.
    RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post
      Probably too early, silly season usually starts around August I feel. But my gut says RHR will be back at AA next year. I think Ed will do whatever he can to keep Rinus, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Felix not back in the #10 car for AMSP next year.
      I agree, past history at AMSP doesn't look good for Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post

My gut says Rinius VeeKay replaces Pagenaud in the # 22 at Penske.
        Kevin Lee on Trackside said he heard rumors about this. If Veekay can pull off a Newgarden and come back with some impressive results then I think his chances of going to Penske increase dramatically.

Pagenaud OR Magnussen goes to a possible third entry at AMSP.
        If Veekay does replace Pagenaud at Penske then I can see this but I'm not sure if they'll have a third car or just replace Felix who hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this season. Even though his crash at Detroit was not his fault it doesn't help him either.

Does Hunter-Reay retire at the end of this season opening a seat at Andretti Autosport?
        As long as DHL stays RHR sponsor - RHR will be there unless he takes himself out or AA decides they don't need RHR/DHL anymore. As someone suggested on another forum, maybe AA will wrestle DHL away from RHR just like they wrestled Veach's sponsor for him. I doubt this would happen though since RHR is a respect driver, a series champ, and a Indy 500 winner. It does seem as though RHR is on his last legs though. He's just no where to be seen this season even though he does show speed at times.

Just to add on to the silly season talk - Kevin Lee also said that Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is trying to find a third full time driver next year with HyVee as a full time sponsor. It also seems HyVee is trying to get Iowa Speedway back on the schedule as well. I guess we'll see where it goes.
        "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Needs to be serious turnover at AA. I could see RHR and Hinch out with a Indy Lights driver + Askew being added. Penske could use some talented youth like a VK. AMSP will probably have room in the #7. I could see Grosjean moving to a better team and Ed Jones being out. Santino ft to RLL.

Comment

AA definitely has some difficult decisions to make. I suspect that Hinch an RHR will be free agents come the end of the season.
            I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
            Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
              Needs to be serious turnover at AA. I could see RHR and Hinch out with a Indy Lights driver + Askew being added. Penske could use some talented youth like a VK. AMSP will probably have room in the #7. I could see Grosjean moving to a better team and Ed Jones being out. Santino ft to RLL.
              As long as we continue to have a safe year, I suspect Grosjean runs full time next year - but I think he'll stay at Coyne. Wouldn't surprise me if Jimmie is full time, too.
              I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by brundle View Post
                AA definitely has some difficult decisions to make. I suspect that Hinch an RHR will be free agents come the end of the season.
                Think I heard Hinch has a two year deal?
                I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

This offseason could be eventful. I think the list of possible movers down for a variety of reason (sponsor loss, replaced, team issues)- Ed Jones, Daly, pageneud,
                  RHR, Chilton-if carlin would not be back, Hinch, Rosenqvist. Possible drivers moving up or full time- Veekay, Grosjean, Ferrucci, Helio, askew.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and get my predictions on for what I think 2022 looks like

Penske:
                    #12 - Will Power
                    #2 - Josef Newgarden
                    #3 - Scott McLaughlin
                    #22 - Rinus VeeKay

Ganassi:
                    #9 - Scott Dixon
                    #10 - Alex Palou
                    #8 - Marcus Ericcson
                    #48 - Jimmie Johnson (RC/SC and Indy 500) / With TK running the other oval(s)

AJ Foyt:
                    #4 - Dalton Kellett
                    #14 - Sebastien Bourdais

Andretti Autosport:
                    #26 - Colton Herta
                    #27 - Alexander Rossi
                    #28 - RHR
                    #29 - Kyle Kirkwood

Arrow McLaren SP:
                    #5 - Pato O'Ward
                    #7 - Simon Pagenaud
                    3rd car - Kevin Magnussen

Ed Carpenter:
                    #20 - Ed Carpenter (ovals) / Conor Daly (RC/SC and Indy 500)
                    #21 - Oliver Askew

Dale Coyne:
                    #51 - Romain Grosjean (full time)
                    #52 - Cody Ware (select races)
                    #18 - Felix Rosenqvist

Carlin:
                    I don't see returning

Dreyer and Reinbold:
                    #24 - Sage Karam - full time

Paretta Autosport
                    #16 - Simona DeSilvestro - Select races

Rahal Letterman Lanigan:
                    #15 - Graham Rahal
                    #30 - Takuma Sato
                    #45 - Santino Ferrucci - full time

Meyer Shank
                    #06 - Helio - final full time season
                    #60 - Jack Harvey

Top Gun Racing:
                    #75 - RC Enerson - select races

RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

I would love to see Ed work out a way to keep Rinus,

Comment

I see Penske dialing back to 3 cars.

Comment

I’d like to see a Veekay get a better ride and Askew take his spot at Carpenter.

Comment

One thing for sure is that Magnussen should not be in the list. He will be at his new job at Peugeot.

Comment

Replacing Pagenaud with VeeKay instead of replacing Power with VeeKay surprises me a little bit.

Of course, maybe Penske isn't an upgrade for VeeKay in anything other than pay. He has more wins than all four Penske drivers combined so far this year—and he missed a race!

I'll be bold and say the #7 becomes the #6: Robert Wickens with hand controls. Okay, well, that's just my dream. He's been a favorite of mine since he was in FBMW. Alas.
                              Scott Speed was third fastest in FP2 at the 2007 French Grand Prix.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X