• Show
Clear All

just plan WOW. 10 semi trailers?

Apparently her children have moved on from what she was into
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Racing and IMS stuff aside, there is some really cool furniture pieces in there. A lot of great stuff. Good thing I'm nowhere near the auction site.
      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

End of an Era.

Kinda sad, but reality can be.
        Greatest Spectacle in Racing :nod:

Comment

10 Semi Trailers?

Well, Mari brought Glamping to Indy.

What do you call Glam hoarding?

More seriously I hope Penske/IMS & the Children's Museum ends up with the most important pieces.

One imagines a lot of horse stuff in those trailers too.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Some of this stuff is pretty mundane. Anyone need a new washer/dryer pair?

20210428_123640-scaled.jpg
            Last edited by midtown; 06-10-2021, 04:29 PM. Reason: Didn’t want to be Spiked for misspelling "dryer."
            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
              Some of this stuff is pretty mundane. Anyone need a new washer/drier pair?

20210428_123640-scaled.jpg
              With the current shortage of appliances they may generate some decent bids.

Comment

There are vehicle license plates from the 1930s from a multitude of US states and Canadian provinces, all with the number 25 on them. Anybody know the story?
                Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
                  There are vehicle license plates from the 1930s from a multitude of US states and Canadian provinces, all with the number 25 on them. Anybody know the story?
                  Great observation. Why 25? I must know - even if it is as mundane as "so they all match my first car's plate". Where to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Retrograde View Post

Great observation. Why 25? I must know - even if it is as mundane as "so they all match my first car's plate". Where to start?
                    NOw we know where teh 25 came from in the 25/8 rule

Comment

It's not Indiana's order of becoming a state, that was my first guess but that's 19.
                      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

My guess is that the "25" plates went on the front of the car for promotions and sales- and the official Indiana plate stayed on the back of the car. Double guess is that Tony's assigned Indiana plate number was 25 and he just found it lucky and wore it as his guernsey number while on the road.
                        County #25 is Fulton County- dead end.
                        1925 - the year Tony and Mary met?
                        25th car registered in Vigo County, Indiana?

Comment

Originally posted by BigIrlFan View Post

NOw we know where teh 25 came from in the 25/8 rule
                          THIS....brilliant!

Comment

My dad's at the auction today. He said the new Cooks 500 signs went for $550. The checkered flag that went to space sold for $4,000. He was able to buy some pictures that didn't go for much.

Comment

WHoa, so get this. TOday at teh JIffy LUbe some guy says PEnske toled teh family to move there stuff out of teh buildings at the track. ANd thats why they had teh auction. WHoa. THats cold.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X