RA Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Virgin

I'm so pumped! I have wanted to go to RA for many years and now I'm goin!! I'm tent camping in zone 2! I never have camped with no hook ups for so many days but I'm up for the challenge. I have scoped out google maps real good and have located my camp site area and am very pleased! I hope the showers and Shi**ers are descent! I got to get a good above ground fire pit.
    Any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!
    I CAIN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!!
    Told my kids to sprinkle my ashes where the the 1st turn tree used to be. They said I'm weird.

"Their average was 225? I've never been 225 mph in my life " Johnson said.
    "It's the fastest place on earth" Simon Pagenaud"

Originally posted by chil View Post
    I'm so pumped! I have wanted to go to RA for many years and now I'm goin!! I'm tent camping in zone 2! I never have camped with no hook ups for so many days but I'm up for the challenge. I have scoped out google maps real good and have located my camp site area and am very pleased! I hope the showers and Shi**ers are descent! I got to get a good above ground fire pit.
    I CAIN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!!
    Your in for a real treat at the National Park of Speed

Comment

Originally posted by chil View Post
      I CAIN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!!
      Marshall Pruett said to try out the Brat sandwich if at all possible.
      Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

They have built several new brick and concrete restroom/shower facilities in the past 2 years. They're very nice. The brat burger is good; simply a brat sliced longitudinally on a bun. Add a beef patty and you're in business.

Have a blast! I'll be there for a day or two.
        "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Seeing as Koehler is located not far away and they have a sponsorship deal with the track, the restrooms are pretty good for a racetrack. RA's ownership has done an excellent job in adding new things to the track each year (though the COVID-related financial pinch may have slowed that down a bit... we'll see). The food is awesome... best on the circuit.

Looks like the weekend is going to start out pretty warm!

Comment

It will be my first time at RA as well
            "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmologist View Post
              Seeing as Koehler is located not far away and they have a sponsorship deal with the track, the restrooms are pretty good for a racetrack. RA's ownership has done an excellent job in adding new things to the track each year (though the COVID-related financial pinch may have slowed that down a bit... we'll see). The food is awesome... best on the circuit.

Looks like the weekend is going to start out pretty warm!
              One of the few tracks that I try to sneak out of the tent for lunch if I get a chance. So excited to take the family up this year they're in for a treat. In all honesty I haven't seen much except for the paddock so I'm pretty pumped too. See ya all out there.

Comment

Originally posted by NIF View Post

One of the few tracks that I try to sneak out of the tent for lunch if I get a chance. So excited to take the family up this year they're in for a treat. In all honesty I haven't seen much except for the paddock so I'm pretty pumped too. See ya all out there.
                Speaking of food at RA, one major change is that SJB is no longer running the food stand at the south end of the Paddock. Seems that fully staffing the stand has become too much for the church, so, after many years, they've bowed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmologist View Post
                  Speaking of food at RA, one major change is that SJB is no longer running the food stand at the south end of the Paddock. Seems that fully staffing the stand has become too much for the church, so, after many years, they've bowed out.
                  Its ok, it got replaced by a BBQ joint!

https://www.roadamerica.com/article/...s-road-america
                  Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post

Its ok, it got replaced by a BBQ joint!

https://www.roadamerica.com/article/...s-road-america
                    Thank God there's a lot of room to walk around otherwise I'd get fat. Ok maybe fatter than I already am😆😂

Comment

Make sure you have good walking shoes. Sun screen is a must - it's been hot in Wisconsin. Bring an umbrella - it rains a lot during race weekends for some reason. Road America usually allows you to bring your own food and drink - take advantage of that to save money. The garages or car tents are very good place to talk to teams, drivers, and other race related crew members - take advantage of that. If you go into tall grassy areas make sure to check for ticks afterwards because it's been pretty bad lately. Say the word "Eh" at the end of your sentences people will think you're a local. Have fun!
                      "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

I always got a steak sandwich at SJB. No more. My BIL supplied them with steaks & his Gyro brats. For the first time in a LONG time Miesfeld’s is not supplying a thing at RA. All the brats at RA have been Johnsonville for awhile now, except for his gyro brat.
                        Parker John’s is pretty local good BBQ. But I’m going up early this Saturday and later am smoking an 18 pound brisket for the gang arriving next Thursday.
                        Brisket slices and burnt ends, oh yeah. I will definitely have a double brat at the track every day.
                        My buddy and I do a couple kart sessions each year too. It’s fun. And while at The Carousel, pay our respects to Brian Redman’s cat.

Comment

Not sure if it would fit into your budget, but my #1 recommendation for Road America is to rent a golf cart.
                          Some purists naysay the idea and tout walking the grounds, finding what you believe is the best one or two (or five?) vantage points. That’s fine, and you can have a great time sauntering the area.
                          But the advantage of jumping into a cart and cruising to points far and wide in minutes can’t be oversold. It makes seeing and experiencing the whole course so much easier, not to mention checking all the cool concessions spread all over the grounds.
                          I’ve strolled RA and enjoyed it, but man, your dogs can start barkin’! If it’s hot, the cart really pays dividends.
                          Be it practice, quals, or the races, you can palm up to a good spot, sit back, crack a cold one, bust open the snacks, and watch in comfort. Yellow flag or otherwise a lull in the action, gun the cart an you can “speed” over to another spot, then another...all over the place, at your discretion.
                          The place is huge, there are some hilly areas, and walking hither and yon means less time of eyes-on-the-track.
                          I’ve got no connection to the cart rentals whatsoever. My applause for them stems from how much more they allow you to enjoy the weekend.
                          If they weren’t available, or if folks don’t want to spend the scratch, no problem, I’d still go and love it.
                          But with a cart? Man, I’d REALLY love it!

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
                            I always got a steak sandwich at SJB. No more. My BIL supplied them with steaks & his Gyro brats. For the first time in a LONG time Miesfeld’s is not supplying a thing at RA. All the brats at RA have been Johnsonville for awhile now, except for his gyro brat.
                            Parker John’s is pretty local good BBQ. But I’m going up early this Saturday and later am smoking an 18 pound brisket for the gang arriving next Thursday.
                            Brisket slices and burnt ends, oh yeah. I will definitely have a double brat at the track every day.
                            My buddy and I do a couple kart sessions each year too. It’s fun. And while at The Carousel, pay our respects to Brian Redman’s cat.
                            I saw gyro brat and lost focus. Must have!

Comment

Agree on the cart rental to get around.
                              My go to day when I walked was station at corner 5. Hit the paddock. Hit the merchandise. Hit the food stands. Walk up to Fireman’s Hill. (I think it’s called something else now, I’m stuck in the past.). Get some corn. Walk over to Hurry Downs. That made a good day of variety, views and food.
                              Now I’m Old Guy as is the rest of the race gang. We’ve been renting carts for years now and it works well for us. I still like the pace of walking and taking in the sights. I could do without the carts. They ain’t cheap either. They have their pro’s and con’s. You can do fine without one.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X