Slightly OT: RA Cup date may sell out....Indycar sales still strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly OT: RA Cup date may sell out....Indycar sales still strong

Could Road America have a sellout? Sort of, and it's a long shot. But the track president addresses that and other topics as July 4 approaches. https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...go/4929115001/

Good to hear at least someone made it through 2020 without a giant hole in their bank account.
    2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
    2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
    2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
    2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
    2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

That is good news. I would like to go, however the yellow flag laps are gonna be long and strong.
    No signature required

Comment

Good to hear at least someone made it through 2020 without a giant hole in their bank account. [/QUOTE]

It sure saved my sanity last year attending all the races at Road America

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post

Good to hear at least someone made it through 2020 without a giant hole in their bank account.

It sure saved my sanity last year attending all the races at Road America
        That's a good point. RA was a great escape in the worst of times last year. Lots of people at The Sprints. It seemed like fans just wanted something to feel normal. RA largely was.
        "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

For NASCAR they are planning on running shuttles from the fairgrounds at Plymouth if needed and are asking people to consider renting houses to fans, renting already takes place, the message is for others to do it for the BIG event.
          Our gang have the Indy race set up, ain’t goin’ to NASCAR and haven’t decided if going up for sprints, Good luck there Mr. Dalz.

Comment

Thank you Sir. The car and class is still all up in the air right now.

So it's about how many cars show up...will they begin redirecting all cars to the fairgrounds at a certain point? Then is there really a possible "sellout", as in no further tickets sold? Are they expecting more than the 75,000+ that was estimated from back in the OW glory days? There was no worry about parking then. Has new construction used up too much space? I assume they will set up the razor wire fence around the paddock to keep the unwashed out again, or perhaps it's a time of less hubris now....
            "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

I’ll try to get more details about the shuttles, “sellout” or other info.
              I was told last evening about the shuttles etc but didn’t inquire further. I am going up for a few days after Indy Pole Day.
              Now that it’s a topic here I’ll post what I can when I have something.

Comment

From RA website

Due to anticipated increased volume, convenient parking is available for a fee at Road America. Please anticipate purchasing a parking pass along with your tickets.

On race day, fans should anticipate congestion while traveling to/from and around Road America. Remember to arrive early, and carpooling is highly recommended. Fans are also encouraged to park for FREE at the Sheboygan County Fairgrounds. A FREE shuttle will be available to transport fans to/from Road America on Sunday only.

Fans who wish to park on-site at Road America on Sunday will need to purchase a parking pass in advance.

On Sunday, fans who have purchased on-site parking passes in advance are encouraged to arrive early at the gate closest to where they intend to park to help facilitate their entry and exit. Upon entry, attendants will be directing fans to the parking areas closest to their entry gate to park for the event.

Everyone is encouraged to study the general parking map prior to arriving.

On race day, fans should anticipate congestion while traveling to/from and around Road America. Remember to arrive early, and carpooling is highly recommended. Fans are also encouraged to park for FREE at the Sheboygan County Fairgrounds. A FREE shuttle will be available to transport fans to/from Road America on Sunday only.
                Looks like Sheybogan County Fairgrounds are about 6 miles from track.

From RA Customer Service chat
                The off-site parking for Sunday's NASCAR CUP series is located at the Sheboygan County Fair Grounds in Plymouth, WI. The shuttle service is free, and we are working out the times of operation this week. Please refer to our website for the time information over the next week or two.
                BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Also about the fairgrounds. Dirt track racing!!
                  Special Thursday night, July 1, event.

Comment

From what I'm reading it isn't so much how people attending the Cup race it's about how many cars can be packed into the place. Keep in mind it's a vast area but only so many areas for parking.
                    On Sunday it will be 10.00 per car to park on site unless your a season ticket holder. You will be parked near the gate you enter I'm told.
                    The shuttle from the Plymouth fairgrounds will be free.
                    All camping sites have been sold out for a long time.

I'm going this weekend to the 1st racing event and picking up my season ticket,I'll share any new information I find out.
                    Last edited by Pole Day; Yesterday, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
                      Also about the fairgrounds. Dirt track racing!!
                      Special Thursday night, July 1, event.
                      Excellent 1/3rd mile. The best track prep you'll see. No matter how big a ditch the turns are turned into, the track is reconditioned and flattened between every heat in seconds. Weekly 360 show, IRA 410s have several specials each year.

Comment

So I'll be going up to Elkhart as a fan this year. Taking the family. They've never been and are excited to go from hearing all of my long winded stories of how awesome it is.

Comment

“We’re going to have a lot of fans and make some good coin. Therefore we are going to make more coin by charging everybody to park on site.”
                          No signature required

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                            “We’re going to have a lot of fans and make some good coin. Therefore we are going to make more coin by charging everybody to park on site.”
                            It's my understanding this is entirely NASCAR's doing since they rented the place and are pretty much calling the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post

It's my understanding this is entirely NASCAR's doing since they rented the place and are pretty much calling the shots.
                              Got it. The place will have plenty of places to park.
                              No signature required

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X