OT Usac Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Usac Schedules

Speedvision has the Usac schedules out...
    http://www.speedvision.com/pub/artic...l/020119a.html

Interesting for me, is that the sprinters are coming to Martin, Michigan to race on a track that hasn't been in use since the 80's. It was a 5/8ths high bank dirt oval and has since been paved last year. Not sure about dimensions/banking though now.

Also, the Midgets go to Berlin Raceway in Marne. Should be a good race. USAC sprinters used to run one race a year there. It is pavement, and Johny Benson's former playground.

Honestly, those schedules are pathetic compared to what we used to see. How about that "wonderful" Silver Crown schedule? Is that a work in progress or has USAC just flushed thier best division down the cr*pper? I just find it amazing that USAC can screw up a series that puts on what is probably the best racing around.

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: AdamM ]

Comment

Woo Hoo!!! Gas City!!!

One of the best prepared most consistent dirt surfaces around this area. These guys start their track preparation immediately after the evening races are concluded.

Also nice to see Winchester back on the schedule.

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Maynard111 ]
      Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
      Thomas Sowell

Comment

Silver Crown down to nine races, with exactly ZERO in California. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard111:
          <STRONG>Woo Hoo!!! Gas City!!!

One of the best prepared most consistent dirt surfaces around this area. These guys start their track preparation immediately after the evening races are concluded.

Also nice to see Winchester back on the schedule.

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Maynard111 ]</STRONG>
          Woo Hoo is right. I was born and raised in Gas City and still find it unfathomable that USAC sprints could occur there. Though I haven't lived there since the late 60's I still have fond feelings for the little place.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: dvs ]

Comment

Originally posted by Jacoby:
            <STRONG>Silver Crown down to nine races, with exactly ZERO in California. What's up with that?</STRONG>
            Geez! Between the loss of Coors Light and the formation of the Infiniti Pro Series we just lost some of the best racing in America. I was nothing but depressed after seeing that pathetic excuse for a season schedule.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: TinPusher ]
            "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

Pathetic SC schedule.
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

SC: It looks like a split schedule - paved the first half and dirt the second half. And, what happened to the May IRP date? There is no May date at all and no date at the Fairgrounds!

Sprints: No May IRP date and only two IRP dates all summer. Is something else going on at IRP in May - construction or something? They are going to be at THAT 3 times and Winchester twice.

Midgets: Only twice at IRP May (NB4-500) and then not again until September? No midgets at Putnamville or at THAT? What about the HUT Hundred?

This is a disappointing schedule.

Professor Joe
                Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe:
                  <STRONG>This is a disappointing schedule. </STRONG>
                  I don't think the schedule is that bad, actually I can't wait for the racing to begin. Return to Wichester, more double-headers, the Ohio 4-for all. All seems good to me.

It does seem that IRP and USAC aren't on the same page anymore. IMO, IRP runs TOO MANY support series when USAC puts on a show there. I tried to attend a USAC Sprint show this summer at IRP but it was going on 10PM and they had just finished running the heat races!! That is a joke. If IRP can't run a better program than that USAC doesn't need to run there. I'm not sure who is to blame but I think USAC needs to take control of it's racing and leave support series for another night. (Another example would be the THAT Sprint Week monsoon.)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X