Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of pre season Iracing

https://the-race.com/indycar/indycar...l-world-start/
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Sounds good to me. A little something to wet the pallete before the later start of the season proper.
    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

Bad idea
      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Bad ideas need to be left to lie.

Comment

Best idea. Have been waiting for this whole off-season. It was great promotion last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
            Bad idea
            Why? I for one enjoyed it last year. It doesn’t need to be taken too seriously. At least it was something to keep some of the fans engaged. I’d watch again in a heartbeat!

Comment

If it gets back on NBCSN, even better I say.
              http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

If I was a driver there would have to be a pretty big incentive or I would pass. Look at all the crap Pagenaud took last year simply because people didn't like his driving in a video game. And then there's always the nuclear Kyle Larson possibility. There's no upside for the drivers to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey View Post
                  If I was a driver there would have to be a pretty big incentive or I would pass. Look at all the crap Pagenaud took last year simply because people didn't like his driving in a video game. And then there's always the nuclear Kyle Larson possibility. There's no upside for the drivers to do it.
                  Licence to enter Indy 500 would be pretty big. Nobody made Larson say what he did or drivers to live stream stuff to Twitch. The promotional value was huge though, some of those races got bigger viewership than real IndyCar races on NBCSN. They just need to keep it for IndyCar drivers and have real driving standards and it will be fine.

Comment

If they did a full oval schedule for it (I thought the oval races were more interesting last year) & kept it fun & open to whomever wanted to participate, I'm in!

Ah. What the heck? I'm in no matter what the format is. I miss INDYCAR racing so much.
                    My Twitter Profile (feel free to follow): www.twitter.com/3Paige14

My Blog: http://femaleindycarfan.blogspot.com/

Proud Supporter of Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, and Meyer Shank Racing + Many Others in the Motorsports World

Lionheart and Badass Forever

Comment

Originally posted by J-Man View Post

Why? I for one enjoyed it last year. It doesn’t need to be taken too seriously. At least it was something to keep some of the fans engaged. I’d watch again in a heartbeat!
                      Guys who did it for fun like Daly or Herta or Rossi maybe, but the majority took it far too seriously. The result was somewhat embarrassing for the sport. If you just want to treat it like a goof fine, but that's not how IndyCar presented it at all, which was a mistake.
                      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post

Guys who did it for fun like Daly or Herta or Rossi maybe, but the majority took it far too seriously. The result was somewhat embarrassing for the sport. If you just want to treat it like a goof fine, but that's not how IndyCar presented it at all, which was a mistake.
                        Agreed. I take this as a sign that the season is going to start later than it is now scheduled to do.

Comment

To enjoy any kind of spectator activity, whether it's sport or esport, you need the knowledge that the participants are taking it seriously and wanto succeed. A friendly game of chess or football or a just-for-fun sim race is of no interest for spectators. A serious game of chess of football or a serious sim race with motivated participants hungry for victory is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X