Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barber, St. Pete IndyCar ticket renewals, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barber, St. Pete IndyCar ticket renewals, anyone?

I'm a past St. Pete ticket holder yet have heard nothing about renewals. The scheduled date is just over 2 months away. I've heard that past Barber ticket holders are also getting the silent treatment. I've also heard rumors that these two race dates could get moved again to later in the season. Does anyone have any insight?

I'm also anxiously waiting word on Barber.

Music City GP did announce today 3 day tickets on sale next week, single day tickets not available until 'summer'.

Comment

I’ve heard nothing on Barber. Usually buying flights and such around this time.

Comment

Well decisions aren't likely for awhile. May simply be a drive up crowd only. Can't really expect to have clarity far enough in advance to fly.
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

I've been a season ticket holder for St Pete since 2005 and back in December I emailed [email protected] to ask when renewals will go on sale and this is their response:

"Thanks for your email. We hope to be able to begin ticket renewals before the end of February. We will reach out to all fans who are eligible for a renewal by email to provide more information once an exact date is confirmed."

That was before the race date was moved to the end of April so maybe it'll be March sometime before anything is announced? As of today I've heard nothing else from them.

Comment

Considering the current situation, I’m not too surprised that they haven’t started selling the tickets yet. As others have stated they likely don’t want to hold the race again with limited attendance. I would not be surprised if St Pete is moved towards the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RollinM View Post
              Considering the current situation, I’m not too surprised that they haven’t started selling the tickets yet. As others have stated they likely don’t want to hold the race again with limited attendance. I would not be surprised if St Pete is moved towards the end of the season.
              Did the city of St. Pete and/or the promoter tear down all of the stands and walls after the fall race? I'm wondering if they left as much of it up as possible to save on time and costs for the race in April.

Comment

Originally posted by aeros71 View Post

Did the city of St. Pete and/or the promoter tear down all of the stands and walls after the fall race? I'm wondering if they left as much of it up as possible to save on time and costs for the race in April.
                I'm a ticket holder and live in Florida (south Florida) but havent been back to St. Pete since the race in October. Maybe someone that lives closer can provide some more info.

Comment

After last year’s cancellation they offered tickets to another race (e.g. Mid-Ohio) if you didn’t want to go — or couldn’t go — to the rescheduled St. Pete race. It was moved to this year, and postponed yet again from March until April, with potentially yet another date change. Will they offer another race to those original 2020 ticket holders? If so, which race(s), and if not...that’s bad news to many.

Comment

Originally posted by aeros71 View Post

The times I have attended they begin tearing down the track before the cars slow down. I have driven on the track after walking to my car because the barricades had already been removed. I don't know for sure but would find it difficult to believe they would leave anything up for six months.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

The times I have attended they begin tearing down the track before the cars slow down. I have driven on the track after walking to my car because the barricades had already been removed. I don't know for sure but would find it difficult to believe they would leave anything up for six months.
                      They did leave up skeleton of stands from March 2020 to Oct 2020.
                      "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

Originally posted by Racewknd View Post

They did leave up skeleton of stands from March 2020 to Oct 2020.
                        And they are still there

Comment

I took a side trip to St. Pete today. The basic structure of the main straight grandstands are in place. There was no sign of construction taking place so I believe the grandstand I saw was from last year. The grandstands are not as complete as they were around June of 2020 when the entire structure, less the seating and hand rails, was in place. Perhaps the missing portions were used/needed elsewhere.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X