Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VtOpenWheel View Post
    I did not know that. 5 points, must have been a ride buyer

A Celebrity race would be a fun addition, although they might not want them going over the bridge for exactly that reason Would have to use a Nissan around here though.
    Or how 'bout a race with the apples that fell juuuuust a bit outside the ol' tree shade.

I'm thinking Marco, Larry and Quattro, Arie Jr., Unser III, and PJ Jones fightin for the rear.

They could call it the 'Sumbitches 50K'.
    "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

His more in-famous 'racing' incident ended up in a totaled PANTERA and a dead rock star. Not good.
      "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Somehow I'm not shocked by that, sad.

How about the Sumbitches 50K with elimination rounds. Loser of each round has to walk a plank off the bridge! Secondary benefit is training for the water rescue team.

Comment

Now Dale, Jr. has joined the ownership group and will help promote the race.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Wow, I did not see that coming. I knew he loved Nashville and has been pushing for a Cup race at Fairgrounds Speedway. Have to give this group credit, they have put some serious name power behind this event.

Comment

I still think one of these street circuit promotors should try to run back to back weekends with IndyCar one week and IMSA or NASCAR (if they go street trackin') the next to have two weekends of potential ROI for the infrastructure setup costs.

Or could we see this ownership group ride the success of the "Music City GP" across town and promote a return to the "Music City 420" at the fairgrounds in addition to the GP?
              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I doubt the locals would appreciate back to back weekends.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                  Or could we see this ownership group ride the success of the "Music City GP" across town and promote a return to the "Music City 420" at the fairgrounds in addition to the GP?
                  The Nascar dynamic here is pretty interesting. You have the race at Nashville Super Speedway, which is owned by Dover Motorsports. I think that was a 3 year deal for what contracts are worth these days. You have Bristol Motor Speedway, owned by SMI, working with the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway local promoter with the hope of getting that facility upgraded to host some level of Nascar event. Now you have Jr. involved with the Music City GP (IndyCar) race.... Jr. is a big proponent of the Fairgrounds (he has said he would race if they go there), but I don't see MCGP jumping into the posturing between Dover and SMI for the Nashville Nascar market. I think the GP will be a success, but they need to get it on solid footing before worrying about Nascar.

Comment

Who are you talking about? And points in which series?

Comment

How do they sound with the mask?
                      "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post

Who are you talking about? And points in which series?
                        Was responding to Mesquite who pointed out that Vince Neil had a brief stint in Indy Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                          I still think one of these street circuit promotors should try to run back to back weekends with IndyCar one week and IMSA or NASCAR (if they go street trackin') the next to have two weekends of potential ROI for the infrastructure setup costs.

Detroit will try that experiment this year.
                          The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will return to compete at Belle Isle, racing on Saturday, June 5. The following weekend, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES will host its annual doubleheader race weekend on Belle Isle with the Dual in Detroit taking place Saturday-Sunday, June 12-13.
                          https://detroitgp.com/
                          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite View Post
                            Former Indy LIghts racer Vince Neil???
                            In the #69 P.I.G. - Say No To drugs - Racing entry.

https://youtu.be/J3Z9eTzW_Cw

Comment

Looks like music city gp tic sales are pretty strong!
                              "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X