X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romain Grosjean - confirmed at Coyne/Ware

https://www.planetf1.com/news/romain...-indycar-move/

https://racer.com/2021/02/03/grosjea...ve-with-coyne/

Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

He aint runnin at INdy! I dont get why these F1 rejects come to INdyCar if they don’t run INdy. HElls belles the rest of teh schedule aint all that great. ITs called INdyCAr for a reason ROman.

Comment

Originally posted by BigIrlFan View Post
      He aint runnin at INdy! I dont get why these F1 rejects come to INdyCar if they don’t run INdy. HElls belles the rest of teh schedule aint all that great. ITs called INdyCAr for a reason ROman.
      He said ovals are a possibility in the future. Romain even admitted that he wanted to sign a full season contract with Dale Coyne before his accident not too long ago. That accident had dramatic affect on his life, his families' life, and his view on racing. So it seems like he wants to come around or even that he will eventually come around but just not yet.

I understand the frustration and anger of some of the fans but I also understand where Romain is coming from as well. I'm also one that believes to become a complete Indycar driver a person has to embrace both the ovals and road/street courses. That doesn't mean you have to like it them but that driver should feel a responsibility to take them on. That's why I even dislike Ed Carpenter at times.
      "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post

He said ovals are a possibility in the future. Romain even admitted that he wanted to sign a full season contract with Dale Coyne before his accident not too long ago. That accident had dramatic affect on his life, his families' life, and his view on racing. So it seems like he wants to come around or even that he will eventually come around but just not yet.

I understand the frustration and anger of some of the fans but I also understand where Romain is coming from as well. I'm also one that believes to become a complete Indycar driver a person has to embrace both the ovals and road/street courses. That doesn't mean you have to like it them but that driver should feel a responsibility to take them on. That's why I even dislike Ed Carpenter at times.
        oK fight me. NO one says that evar bout ED.

Comment

I am excited for him. He sounds like he wants to have fun again. Welcome back BiF !
          RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

I hope Romain doesn't get discouraged when he realizes Coyne can't put a winning car on track every race.

Comment

I get the "fear" factor that he has had. Let him get back into the cars and moving etc, and I am sure he will go onto the big ovals. Even Jimmy Johnson said he would consider them after watching and learning more about them with the cars etc...

As to Ed and not running road courses, I get it, he knows he can't, but loves the ovals (INDY) and still puts a car out there for someone else to race for his team on them. I have no issues with this, nor Marco for example only running indy.
              Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I'm perfectly fine with there being some road/ street only and ovals only drivers. Plenty of full timers, and makes room for more faces and talent to get into cars throughout the year. There were many big name part timers in the past.
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
                  I hope Romain doesn't get discouraged when he realizes Coyne can't put a winning car on track every race.
                  Perhaps rude to say, but Coyne's IndyCars will likely be closer to the front than Haas F1 cars.
                  BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

Perhaps rude to say, but Coyne's IndyCars will likely be closer to the front than Haas F1 cars.
                    My thoughts exactly. The field spread at the tracks he'll be competing at is much tighter here than it was in Formula One.

And hey, even a false sense of hope is better than no hope at all.

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Honestly the best part about this thread is that BIF is alive....sightings of BIF are about as common as Bigfoot
                      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

Not rude at all, it feels like Haas has lost interest and is just doing the minimum to survive in F1.

Coyne is the kind of team that can have a top 3 car one weekend, then outside of the top 10 the next.

Comment

Here is an interesting tidbit that Grosjean watched over 18 hours of recent indycar on YouTube to prepare for his drive.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/04/...-e-and-others/
                          Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
                            Here is an interesting tidbit that Grosjean watched over 18 hours of recent indycar on YouTube to prepare for his drive.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/04/...-e-and-others/
                            Just like Cole Trickle. Imagine Robert Duval delivering the line "You say you've watched it on youtube?"
                            "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by BigIrlFan View Post

oK fight me. NO one says that evar bout ED.
                              eh, idk. Ed did all the races for years, and pretty much did a HIRO on the RC's. people CALLED for him to let someone else drive on the RC's for years before he finally stepped out of his own car.

Being leery of doing somethin you've never done (racing at 220+ on ovals or any ovals) vs coming up through oval ranks in a family that owns IMS is vastly different, especially after you've recently punched through the armco at 120+mph and climbed from a fireball. I wouldn't even rule out that changing after he's had a shot in the car and become more comfortable with the Indycar surroundings.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X