So long, Chevy! (or, hello future)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Designed by a friend of mine. Beautiful car, wonderfully engineered, dreadfully managed.
    I know Alan Jenkins penned the first two Stewart F1 cars, did he also do the Jaguar F1 car?

Comment

• You are correct that Jenkins did the '97 and '98 Stewart Grand Prix cars. He left the team at the end of the '98 season. He did not design the 2000 Jaguar R1.
      "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
        You are correct that Jenkins did the '97 and '98 Stewart Grand Prix cars. He left the team at the end of the '98 season. He did not design the 2000 Jaguar R1.
        So that would be Gary Anderson or John Russell.

Comment

• https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/p...-ev-emissions/

"If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

• Super cool. So, will it still sound like a racecar?
            "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

• Good news! Porsche says they are working on a new clean e-fuel, some kind of sythetic gasoline for IC engines. The bad news? It costs $37/gallon ....

Speaking ahead of the unveiling of the new 911 GT3, he said: "We are on track, together with our partners in South America. For sure, in 2022, it will be very, very small volume for the first trials.

"It's a long road with huge investment, but we are sure that this is an important part of our global effort to reduce the CO2 impact of the transportation sector."

Last year, the company announced partnerships with energy firms Siemens Energy, AME and Enel and the Chilean petroleum company ENAP, with the ambition of developing a plant for the commercial production of synthetic fuels, or e-fuels, on an industrial scale. The first stage, called Haru Oni, was set to use southern Chile’s “excellent” wind conditions to produce synthetic fuel with the aid of wind power.

The plant is set to be in operation by 2022, and will ramp up to producing 55 million litres of synthetic fuel by 2024, and roughly ten times that amount by 2026. Porsche CEO Oliver Blume outlined the motive for the project: “Their advantages lie in their ease of application: e-fuels can be used in combustion engines and plug-in hybrids, and can make use of the existing network of filling stations.”
              https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...tic-fuels-2022

Comment

• McLaren are also investigating the technology "secretly designed" by Exxon-Mobil. I'm like, what is this an episode of G.I. Joe? How long has Exxon possessed this amazing alchemy?
                "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                  Good news! Porsche says they are working on a new clean e-fuel, some kind of sythetic gasoline for IC engines. The bad news? It costs $37/gallon ....
                  Sounds like the old days of F1. Only I think it was a little more per gallon. They probably measured it in litres.
                  "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X