Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on Zanardi

https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/..._nq3SmeLvUVM_Y
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Other than him being closer to home not too much info but still praying for a guy who has gone thru more than anyone should have had to.

Comment

Basically getting a Michael Schumacher vibe here from these updates.
      " You just don't know what Indy means " Little Al

Comment

Originally posted by 1969FIRST500 View Post
        Other than him being closer to home not too much info but still praying for a guy who has gone thru more than anyone should have had to.
        I was/am an Alessandro fan and know I'll get static for the following: I'm not cold and uncaring but I do separate emotion from reality. AZ knew the risks he was taking and made the decisions he made. No one "had to" overcook the pit exit road nor train on the open road as he did; they were decisions that he made. When voluntarily participating in risky endeavors, sometimes you get bit

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Cosby View Post
          You're not the only one.
          I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

You're not the only one.
            I agree, very concerned about Alex's future. 😥

Comment

Just to set the record straight, Alex was competing in an organized race during his latest injury, not during training. One would expect a wheelchair competition to be a fairly low-risk gamble.
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
                Just to set the record straight, Alex was competing in an organized race during his latest injury, not during training. One would expect a wheelchair competition to be a fairly low-risk gamble.
                You would think. Running a race with oncoming auto traffic on the other side of cones is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeremi View Post

You would think. Running a race with oncoming auto traffic on the other side of cones is madness.
                  I still can't believe that BS was permitted. There's just no excuse for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCarRay View Post

I still can't believe that BS was permitted. There's just no excuse for that.
                    Is there any chance the person who laid out the course and didnt close it to traffic can be charged preferably up the wazoo? How about who hit him? it would be nice if they could be screwed because of actions. Thats just my emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Cosby View Post
                      Michael Schumacher's son Mick will race in F-1 next year for Haas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonewfan View Post

Is there any chance the person who laid out the course and didnt close it to traffic can be charged preferably up the wazoo? How about who hit him? it would be nice if they could be screwed because of actions. Thats just my emotion.
                        By all accounts the guy who hit him had no chance at all to avoid him. They were quick to say he had no blame.

Comment

There has already been an investigation. It was not a race it was more of a tour by a handbike club. They were using the road just like any bicycle. Zanardi found himself going to fast on a sharp downhill curve and flipped into the other lane..

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

Michael Schumacher's son Mick will race in F-1 next year for Haas.
                            Having what to do with Zabnardi....???

Originally posted by Vic Mackey View Post

By all accounts the guy who hit him had no chance at all to avoid him. They were quick to say he had no blame.
                            Noone hit Zanardi.....he crossed over and hit the truck.....
                            "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post

Having what to do with Zabnardi....???
                              Begging your pardon, I was responding to a post that mentioned Schumacher.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X