Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Indianapolis 500. May, August...or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth Detector

They are both in Marion County. Thought you knew.
    You said the 500 was not permitted to sell any tickets.

This is demonstrably false. Tickets to the 2020 Indianapolis 500 were sold. To say they were not sold is blatantly false.
    Last edited by doitagain; 11-20-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post

You said the 500 was not permitted to sell any tickets.

This is demonstrably false. Tickets to the 2020 Indianapolis 500 were sold. To say they were not sold is blatantly false.
      My original ticket to the Indy 500 was cancelled and I was given credit on Stubhub. I tried to buy another but could not.

When were tickets sold?
      Last edited by doitagain; 11-20-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Unless you stole the first one, you've answered your own question.

Comment

Ticket sales were not permitted after July 24. By definition for sales to have been stopped on that date they had to have been started prior to that date, continuing to make the original statement, by definition, false.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...sks-mandatory/

INDIANAPOLIS (Tuesday, July 21, 2020) – Based on policies and procedures put into effect by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IMS officials announced today that attendance for the 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, Aug. 23 will be approximately 25 percent of capacity. Face coverings will be required for all attendees.

Ticket sales will not be permitted after Friday, July 24, further limiting the number of people who will attend the annual spectacle at the world’s largest outdoor sports facility.

Comment

I renewed my ticket (late) and moved up one row. I'm currently planning to attend, just as I was planning to attend 2020 until I cancelled a week or so before they called it for fans.

Hoping it happens when it's safe, don't care if it's May or August or October at this point. Sign me up for a vaccine and save me shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo!

If it's not safe, I won't go, but I'll make that call as close to race day as I need to.

Comment

I will be at the race whenever it’s ran if they let me.
              "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Being 70 y/o I'm thinking 2019 may have been my last 500, we'll see. 2019 was so much fun, got to take my grandson for his first 500, a friend gave me his press credentials so I got to go in the garage and pit area before the race. I was pinching myself, and thinking back to my first 500 in 1966, sitting on the grass inside turn 4.
                “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy View Post
                  Being 70 y/o I'm thinking 2019 may have been my last 500, we'll see. 2019 was so much fun, got to take my grandson for his first 500, a friend gave me his press credentials so I got to go in the garage and pit area before the race. I was pinching myself, and thinking back to my first 500 in 1966, sitting on the grass inside turn 4.
                  I sure hope us old guys get to go again. I'm 67 and I'm planning to go in 2021 but only if I can get the vaccine before May. I read this morning that the government is telling their front line workers that the vaccine should be available in 8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post

I sure hope us old guys get to go again. I'm 67 and I'm planning to go in 2021 but only if I can get the vaccine before May. I read this morning that the government is telling their front line workers that the vaccine should be available in 8 weeks.
                    I am also 67, and in quarantine as I recover from Covid, I will be going to the 2021 race if allowed.

By the way, some people don’t show symptoms, I was not one of them. The sickest I have ever been, and I am in good shape. I did get out this morning and ran 8 miles, so hopefully on way back.

Hope everyone who wants to go to the 500 gets to.
                    "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by kevin99 View Post

I am also 67, and in quarantine as I recover from Covid, I will be going to the 2021 race if allowed.

By the way, some people don’t show symptoms, I was not one of them. The sickest I have ever been, and I am in good shape. I did get out this morning and ran 8 miles, so hopefully on way back.

Hope everyone who wants to go to the 500 gets to.
                      Seems so age related. I know three people that have had COVID. The 24 year old felt kind of bad and stayed in bed for 2 days and then recovered very quickly. The 42 year old felt kind of bad for a few days and recovered quickly. The 67 year old felt like absolute crap, the worst he has ever felt for a week and took a couple of weeks to feel better. All were in good health to begin with and none have a clue where they got it from.

Oh and by the way, you ran 8 miles yesterday. I went the same distance but I drove my car! It was to the golf course, but at least I walked 9 holes instead of taking a cart.

EDIT: Just read an article on COVID mortality rates: 0.002% at 10 years old, 0.01% at 25, 0.4% at 55, 15% at 85.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post

Seems so age related. I know three people that have had COVID. The 24 year old felt kind of bad and stayed in bed for 2 days and then recovered very quickly. The 42 year old felt kind of bad for a few days and recovered quickly. The 67 year old felt like absolute crap, the worst he has ever felt for a week and took a couple of weeks to feel better. All were in good health to begin with and none have a clue where they got it from.

Oh and by the way, you ran 8 miles yesterday. I went the same distance but I drove my car! It was to the golf course, but at least I walked 9 holes instead of taking a cart.

EDIT: Just read an article on COVID mortality rates: 0.002% at 10 years old, 0.01% at 25, 0.4% at 55, 15% at 85.

Stories I heard about what COVID-19 appears to do: Like you,stated, there appears to be a age effect involved: The older, the more vulnerable. But also, the less healthier you are, the more effect it has on a person. The observant I spoke and explained it to me described it as something of an enhancing factor. The more there is to enhance because of a bad factor involved, the worse the effect of the virus.Overweight being one of those factors that appears to be a big factor, no matter the age of the person involved. Same for respiratory diseases.
                        But even then there were still exceptions to the rule on those general observations.

But here is till hope that, the more if common sense prevails in the USA, and people unite in taking COVID-19 precautions serious, the sooner the better, even if only for the benefit of the doubts, should Indy be postponed to August, then I have hope that a number of people, including the ones posting here, can attend the 500 with a reasonable amount of safety.

Comment

Let's keep the covid stuff in the covid thread. Thanks
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

<today TF posted my post again for some reason>

Comment

This could be good news for a potentially full Indy 500 in May.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/operation...malcy-may-2021
                              Livin' the good life as poorly as possible.

Comment

Have Penske write a bit check to one of the pharma companies with the vaccines and he covers 50 bucks and the fans pay an extra 50 bucks and Indy 500 fans are considered front line Americans who get the shots before the heathen rest among us. Whatever it takes to run a race with fans this year, send the bill to China, because you know, it is a China Virus : I just can't stand the thought of missing another year in person. So that's my out of the box idea, sue me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X