Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Indianapolis 500. May, August...or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of..? Did they finally count the seats?
    "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

• Someone from IMS called me today. He said thanks for attending the Harvest GP and would I be interested in the Indycar / Nascar doubleheader. I said no not this year but how many fans will be allowed to attend May's Indianapolis 500. Er, um, please continue to check IMS.com for further updates. I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

He was blindsided.
        Once again, this is not accurate. There had been ongoing discussions with various stakeholders, as well as political and public health officials. RP wasn’t blindsided. Simply not what occurred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mdwfan View Post
          Once again, this is not accurate. There had been ongoing discussions with various stakeholders, as well as political and public health officials. RP wasn’t blindsided. Simply not what occurred.
          Some of us know how things occurred. Been discussed ad nauseam. IMS got "screwed", as one IMS big wig once made famous on national TV 😊

Comment

• Originally posted by Mdwfan View Post
            He was blindsided.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
              In my opinion, if there's any attendance restrictions anywhere at any point in 2022, they're likely permanent (or at least until different people are in charge of whatever city/state still has them).
              I think it will be okay in 2022
              "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

• Wrong thread, wrong forum, slompappy.
                There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

• Given that we are 90 or so days out and that there is no way a full house will be permitted, shouldnt we expect that the Speedway will soon be surveying ticketholders to gauge their intentions for attending a 5/30 race. I would imagine there will be many sitting this one out so perhaps the attendance thing will take care of itself. Many in our group are on the fence and although not happy about it will likely skip til 2022. In any case, I would think they want to get ahead of this.

Comment

• My group is all in and I have several others wanting extras.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

The NCAA tournament is allowing 25% capacity; however, IU is limiting attendance to 500 people. I mention that as an example of IU's mindset. They just announced that they will hold graduation ceremonies in person outdoors in May. That is a good sign.
                      Now IU has announced that fall classes will be in person on campus. Things are getting better.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

• Originally posted by I Love May View Post
                        Given that we are 90 or so days out and that there is no way a full house will be permitted,

That's not a given.

Comment

Now IU has announced that fall classes will be in person on campus. Things are getting better.
                          I hope this isn't considered off topic, but I stay away from the Covid thread. Starting March 5, my wife's hospital is extending visiting hours from 4P to 7P, to 10A to 7P.
                          It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X