Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Indianapolis 500. May, August...or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glenn View Post

Wish I knew what this meant, but it sounds kind of bad. Let's keep this civilized.
    I didn't understand it, either, and at this point I've completely lost track of who agrees and disagrees with me about all this stuff. Party on! 🥳🎉🎊🎈

Comment

• Originally posted by slompappy View Post

Yes and not one of them has proven to be a serious issue for the vaccines
      🙄
      There's five of them in the US,no issues right? Everythings cool and on the up and up then.
      Quit spreading mis information, its so obvious when its done here over and over.

B.1.1.7: This variant was first identified in the US in December 2020. It was initially detected in the UK.

B.1.351: This variant was first identified in the US at the end of January 2021. It was initially detected in South Africa in December 2020.

P.1: This variant was first detected in the US in January 2021. P.1 was initially identified in travelers from Brazil, who were tested during routine screening at an airport in Japan, in early January.

B.1.427 and B.1.429: These two variants were first identified in California in February 2021 and were classified as VOCs in March 2021.

"These variants seem to spread more easily and quickly than other variants, which may lead to more cases of COVID-19. An increase in the number of cases will put more strain on health care resources, lead to more hospitalizations, and potentially more deaths."

a34x.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...n/variant.html (updated Apr 2)

Comment

• Originally posted by slompappy View Post

There’s no real reason to think these Variants will be a problem for the vaccine
        Who said that?

No real reason to know if they won't.

All this discussion about the virus and stats belonged in the New and Improved thread. This one is just supposed to be about the Indy 500 date
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

Not if they went to race tracks, baseball games or golf tournaments. Hence the story put out today in Ireland.
          No, because 1) you already applied that condition to reach the 262 figure and 2) subsequent transmission would also occur in indoor conditions, not just outdoors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Tap View Post

🙄
            There's five of them in the US,no issues right? Everythings cool and on the up and up then.
            Quit spreading mis information, its so obvious when its done here over and over.

B.1.1.7: This variant was first identified in the US in December 2020. It was initially detected in the UK.

B.1.351: This variant was first identified in the US at the end of January 2021. It was initially detected in South Africa in December 2020.

P.1: This variant was first detected in the US in January 2021. P.1 was initially identified in travelers from Brazil, who were tested during routine screening at an airport in Japan, in early January.

B.1.427 and B.1.429: These two variants were first identified in California in February 2021 and were classified as VOCs in March 2021.

"These variants seem to spread more easily and quickly than other variants, which may lead to more cases of COVID-19. An increase in the number of cases will put more strain on health care resources, lead to more hospitalizations, and potentially more deaths."

a34x.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...n/variant.html (updated Apr 2)

And still none of them are a serious problem for the vaccine

You are the one trying to spread misinformation if you are suggesting they are

which you are but then you are just saying I’m wrong then printing information that supports exactly what I’m saying

its kind of weird
            Last edited by slompappy; 04-08-2021, 06:41 AM.
            "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

• I wouldn’t tell the Vancouver Canucks that the Brazil variant is no big deal. It has ravaged their team and coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sybil D. Sobydianz View Post

Who said that?

All this discussion about the virus and stats belonged in the New and Improved thread. This one is just supposed to be about the Indy 500 date

Studies indicate that T cells, an immune-system component, react to coronavirus variants almost as well as they do to earlier versions of the virus.
                "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

• Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
                  I wouldn’t tell the Vancouver Canucks that the Brazil variant is no big deal. It has ravaged their team and coaching staff.
                  They tested positive yes but they had not been vaccinated yet

if they had been they likely would not have been infected and almost certainly would not get seriously ill even if infected
                  Last edited by slompappy; 04-08-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Who said that?

A study by researchers from Dr. Fauci's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) suggests vaccines will likely stand up against the new variants.

Comment

• Good.

Comment

No, because 1) you already applied that condition to reach the 262 figure and 2) subsequent transmission would also occur in indoor conditions, not just outdoors.
                        .1% transmission outdoors for a calendar year in Ireland. That's the point. Which is kinda important when talking about spectators enjoying the month of May in 2021. Not whatever point you are failing to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

Even than number may be high. Everyone in that survey who was outdoors was also indoors ... a lot.
                          Whenever I'm not outdoors, I'm usually indoors...
                          "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

• Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

.1% transmission outdoors for a calendar year in Ireland. That's the point. Which is kinda important when talking about spectators enjoying the month of May in 2021. Not whatever point you are failing to make.
                            You brought up the number

Comment

Who said that?
                              Fauci.

Comment

You brought up the number
                                So if 250K go to IMS and 0.1% get COVID, that's 3/10 of one person, correct?

That seems like pretty small odds to me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X