This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the Season: 2020 NTT Indycar Series

Now that there has been a week to let the excitement of the last race simmer down and everyone can be collected again. It is time to look back on the season as a whole. Below, I have compiled the average ratings for the races this year for reference and as always; ten for the best, you know the rest!
    2020 Genesis 300 at Texas Motor Speedway: 5.9 with 168 votes

2020 GMR GP of Indy: 5.5 with 154 votes

2020 REV Group Indy GP at Road America (Race 1 of 2): 7.3 with 99 votes

2020 REV Group Indy GP at Road America (Race 1 of 2): 8.3 with 129 votes

2020 Iowa Indy 250 (Race 1 of 2): 7.8 with 100 votes

2020 Iowa Indy 250 (Race 1 of 2): 6.5 with 101 votes

2020 Indianapolis 500: 7.5 with 220 votes

2020 Bommarito 500 at World Wide Technology Speedway (Race 1 of 2): 6.8 with 107 votes

2020 Bommarito 500 at World Wide Technology Speedway (Race 2 of 2): 4.8 with 99 votes

2020 Honda Indy 200 at Mid Ohio (Race 1 of 2): 6.4 with 74 votes

2020 Honda Indy 200 at Mid Ohio (Race 2 of 2): 6.3 with 83 votes

2020 Harvest GP at Indy (Race 1 of 2): 8.5 with 97 votes

2020 Harvest GP at Indy (Race 2 of 2): 6.8 with 71 votes

2020 Firestone GP of St. Pete: 7.9 with 74 votes
    As dubsywheels noted in his "history of Rate the Race threads" The highest rated race was Harvest GP race 1 and the lowest, Gateway Race 2.
    6.94%
    8.33%
    33.33%
    26.39%
    8.33%
    8.33%
    1.39%
    2.78%
    0%
    4.17%
    Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 11-18-2020, 05:47 AM.
    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

I am just glad we had IndyCar racing!
    It's a 2.5 mile oval of asphalt-covered bricks, used just three times a year. Yet it hascome to be the worldwide symbol of auto racing. More than that, it is our city's beacon to the entire globe, the main reason everyone knows there is an Indianapolis somewhere in the vast interior of America.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Muffins!
      There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Over all an entertaining season. Good racing I thought all around. Even the iRacing during the downtime helped a great deal for me. Can’t wait for 2021!

Comment

I think the fact that Newgarden worked his way into a comeback and other drivers such as Colton were eventually able to win brought some variety and excitement to the series. Overall it's a lot better then it could have been.
          "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Thank god we got what we got.

I give all 10 points to Roger Penske and company.

He had to dig deep into his own to make any of it happen.

The fact he was handed the baton at the precise moment in time was a divine intervention. Only Mari George in heaven could have seen it coming.

It makes me believe. We will endure.

Congrats to Scott and Josef for making a great show of it.

The best ever being hunted down by the future best evers.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Roger gets a 10 for sure.
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

This lines up perfectly with my 2020 Season awards. I had The Harvest GP 1 as the best non-Indy 500 race and Road America second best. I did give the best finishing race to Road America though, when Rosenqvist hunted down Pato. All the awards are here if you're inclined for some season recap reading: https://openwheel.wordpress.com/2020...season-awards/
                Twitter: @Chad200
                Web: www.OpenWheel.wordpress.com
                Photos: www.ChadSmithPhotos.com

Comment

I gave it a 4. No fault of the ICS, but the whole season felt like a test session.

Comment

I'll give it a 7. Most of the races were underwhelming, but we got some races when we all needed some racing. Over the years, a lot of stuff runs together, but I don't think I'll ever forget sitting in the TMS parking lot with a Whataburger and a couple beers in the cooler so I could hear the engines while watching quals on my phone, or making tenderloin sandwiches while watching the 500 at home for hopefully the only time until I'm too old to go. It isn't how I would have drawn it up, but IndyCar gave me a couple bright spots in an otherwise generally ****** year. I'll take that and not complain.

​​​​​​
                    And I think getting back to Indy in 2021 is going to be up there with our first race and the 100th as far as emotions are concerned.

​​​​​​

Comment

Maybe a little over a 6.

Ovals mostly stunk, pretty much by design (). There were a few really good road races, but too many duds.

Glad my elder son's favorite driver got another title, instead of a Penske driver.
                      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

9. Maybe an 8 under normal circumstances, but getting the season run to completion this year is worth an extra point.
                        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

A kind of unexpected Indy 500 winner, a championship battle at the season finale and some very entertaining races (Road America 2, Iowa 1, Harvest GP 1, St. Pete), so yeah... It's an 8 for me.
                          IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

Gotta be graded on a curve with the situation. Most exciting season ever? No, but we had a season after things looked grim in March. Can't complain about that.

Comment

Am I correct in my recollection that St. Pete was the only race with 2020 spec Firestones?
                              Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X