No announcement yet.

You guys remember mec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the last 500 I watched from home (I watched this year's from the Grandstand at the Fairgrounds.).
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Some of the best racing stories dont even take place at a race track.
      Live like Dave

Comment

Fun fact, I put Will Anderson (Pato's engineer) in touch with mec, while he was still in high school I believe, to work on that car before they went to the IMS garages. I'm sure he has some good stories. I do remember mec making the waitress at the 38th St Hooters cry within 10 minutes of sitting down at our table.

I got him one year. IMS Photo Shop had some $1 photos in a crate for sale around Christmas. I came across a kid he crew chiefed in Lights. Can't recall his name now. He couldn't stand that gig because the kid had no aggression or talent. Straight up family funded deal. So I get the print and go to Walmart for a $3 frame and wrap it up for Christmas. I also "autographed" it from the driver thanking him for all the "success" they had. Relevant tidbit, mec had worked with Mike Potekhen previously (I think it was MIke). So I'm at his house and the lighting in the living room is terrible. As he's unwrapping the pic he starts to say, "Oh cool man...wait what...you ****king prick". He thought it was a Potekhen pic at first. Told me that when they qualified for the Freedom 100 he wasn't in the qualifying photo (for the kid, not Mike). I asked why not. "I don't want to be associated with that" I asked where he went during the photo. "I was taking a ****"
        Last edited by trevor83; 10-17-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Ohhh man that's hilarious. You had the same idea as me, it's funnier than hell to mess with John.

I went to Hooters with him a couple of times, I wanted to slide under the table because he was such a dick to the staff.

Mike was a good guy. I liked working with him. Matt Jaskol too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post

Are you asking about Moreno or mec?
            I guess I should have clarified that I was asking what mec was up to...couldn't care less about "Pupo"...
            -Kaaveh
            http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Stories like these are why I enjoy TF.

Comment

I miss mec. We liked some of the same drivers.
                quote:
                "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

My dad got to help him and rrrr put together the IPS car for Cole Carter way back. Really liked working with Mec.

I believe Mec is living the good life on the north coast of NY state now on one of the great lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercrown View Post
                    My dad got to help him and rrrr put together the IPS car for Cole Carter way back. Really liked working with Mec.
                    Dang...is that a shot at rrrr?
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I think he got along pretty good with rrrr too... lolšŸ˜

Comment

Originally posted by trevor83 View Post
                        I do remember mec making the waitress at the 38th St Hooters cry within 10 minutes of sitting down at our table.

...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

Dang...is that a shot at rrrr?
                          Hey now...the car was fast, it qualified third, three tenths off the pole. I wasn't driving when it spun in Turn 4 on the pace lap and the first lap.
                          Last edited by rrrr; 10-21-2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Ah yes, the mammaries..

First up, I feel it necessary to defend myself about being an ahole to waitstaff. I was always a good tipper and went home with plenty of phone numbers that I never asked for. The weirdest one was the blonde at Hooters on 38th? that gave me a picture of her, her 38dd and yeah, her 8yo son just happened to be in the picture as well.

Ok, now down to business, or as close as my ADD/OCD brain can partake.

I miss mmostly all of you chicken pluckers, think of y'all often..

RRR, love ya man, couldn't have done a few of those gigs without you, nothing but good memories as my illustrious comparmentalazation skills have blacked out the heartache and long painful hours.

Trevor, I'm am totally, I guess flabbergasted, about Will.. You probably mentioned it but I wasnt paying attention, but I am genuinely happy and impressed to hear of his success. I didn't spend a lot of time with him but him and his dad are aces in my book for their kindness in helping CJ get started in that black hole of karting.

Kaaveh, sup dude?

Ok, so,, I did my attempted mic drop at Indy.. Went to work in the electrical business and lasted 2 years before the economy crashed and the company played off pretty much all the non union guys. Moved to upstate NY, (dumb move) and played fire/medic for about 10 years.
                            Currently living in the coastal swamp in N.C., doing field contract work for Army S.F. and KAG. I basically get paid to run around in the woods for weeks at a time playing with belt fed machine guns and fly around in Blackhawks.
                            To the question of my injury, I got run over at Nazareth in 2002 during a pitstop. The resulting spinal injury was most of the cause of charming bedside manor. Doing much better these days but some days just hurt like hell.

As far as the mouth of a sailor goes, I consider it a rare and valuable skill, not many people can make a group of Green Berets blush.

I watch a little, very little, Indycarz. Pretty much only to see how my boy Simon is doing.

Ok, enough of my incoherent rambling for now. And I'm not going back to proof read this mess, suck it up.

Comment

its-alive.jpg
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2008 5A Football State Champs
                              2015 6A Football State Champs
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Hey bubbo, it's really cool you stopped by. I've had lots of memories jogged by this thread, and a lot of laughs too.

One I always grin about is the time I left an oil line loose on the G Force. After we poured seven quarts into the oil tank, we closed up shop and went home. The next morning I walked into the garage, and there was a giant pool of oil under the car. You said "Good morning Captain Hazelton, I see you've run the Exxon Valdez aground again". I was horrified I had done something so stupid, and pretty happy you didn't blow up.

I miss those days, my man. You taught me a lot, and I'll always remember the fun we had.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X