Takuma Sato - missing Texas, cost opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takuma Sato - missing Texas, cost opportunity

Back in Texas for the first race of the year, our favorite Japanese Indycar driver with his "no attack, no chance" moniker, crashed hard during qualifying and unfortunately missed the race.

If he had started that race, and finished 5th for example, which based off his oval results for the year is not out of the question, he'd be currently sitting 4th in points with about 330 (if my math is correct)

I wish he hadn't crashed, I'd love to have seen him in this championship battle. Not saying he'd have won the championship, but it'd just be interesting.

His go for broke mentality has given him 2 Indy 500 wins, so I'm not here to judge lol

Just a thought that popped in my head today is all.

Graham Rahal, Alexander Rossi, and Ryan Hunter Reay were similarly penalized by the over restrictive officials that night.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
      Graham Rahal, Alexander Rossi, and Ryan Hunter Reay were similarly penalized by the over restrictive officials that night.
      Sato is listed as a Did not start, and thus didn't receive any points. Rahal, Rossi and RHR all eventually started and got points, albeit with yes over restrictive officials.

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

Sato is listed as a Did not start, and thus didn't receive any points. Rahal, Rossi and RHR all eventually started and got points, albeit with yes over restrictive officials.
        Sato received half the points a last place is worth.. If you DNS just before the start of a race you'll get half the points a last place is worth. If you withdraw a day before the race (like Power in 2016 at St. Petersburg did) you'll receive 0 points, except if you qualified on the pole for that race which Power coincidentally did that year by the way.
        IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

How much are last place or 23rd points?
          No signature required

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
            How much are last place or 23rd points?
            https://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/IND.../Points-System

23rd pays 7 points.
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

And they don't reward point amounts like 3,5 or so, therefore Sato received 3 full points at Texas instead of 3,5 (which actually is the half of 7).
              Last edited by castronevesfan3; 09-17-2020, 01:06 PM.
              IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

I was thinking of that too. They say the best way to judge talent in motorsport is to pin one driver against his/her teammate. Rahal leap frog Sato this past weekend but I have a feeling that wouldn't be the case if Sato started at Texas.
                "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X