Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I had to push him off"

What a pompous.
    Last edited by Automotive; 09-22-2020, 05:46 PM.
    No signature required

Old school racing. Back in the day, outside passes didn`t end well for the driver attempting the move. Like Herta said, "I gave him a chance to back out". Then Santino got dealt with.
    A rainy day at the track is better than a sunny day anywhere else.

Comment

I personally don't believe Santino has many fans among the Indycar drivers. I think this has also has it consequences on track. There are some drivers you like to race with then there are some drivers you'd like to take out. I'm not saying this is what happened but I wouldn't be surprised.
      "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Sorry, I missed the race watching the Football Game, saw a replay during halftime. That is Stupid, TAKING OUT HIS OWN TEAMMATE, then again he doesn't have a reputation as a Good Teammate.

I can say that Santino has some talent, then he pulls bone-headed moves like this, I am just unsure.

Comment

Very classless move by Herta. He would be crying if someone did that to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
            I personally don't believe Santino has many fans among the Indycar drivers. I think this has also has it consequences on track. There are some drivers you like to race with then there are some drivers you'd like to take out. I'm not saying this is what happened but I wouldn't be surprised.
            This right here seems likely to me. The LCQ league era proved how a lot of the drivers feel about Santino.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Corner Fan View Post
              Everybody was doing that today including Mr. Dixon. Classless? Hardly. Ferrucci tried to win on lap 1 and wound up the dolt.
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Thought it interesting that Palou during his interview on camera did not name his pusher-offer.
                (Maybe a class move or his rookie idea of team allegiance, I don't know which.)

Comment

This is pretty much my sentiment as well. I am not a fan of Herta but I do like Santino so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
                  "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                  With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

As a minority of exactly one: at the time I thought originally Dixon caused it all by trying to win on lap one.

Comment

Not really sure where Ferucci was supposed to go, he was pushed onto wet grass. He wasn't going to get it stopped or turned without getting back onto pavement. I don't care for the inside car running out to the edge and giving the outside car nowhere to go. Certainly not turn 1, lap one. I like Herta, and am ambivalent on Ferucci, so I was a little disappointed in Herta not leaving room. Even if Dixon had stayed in there, I think there could have been more room left.
                      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

What race were you watching. Ferrucci tried to win at turn 1.
                        Last edited by doitagain; 09-13-2020, 11:41 PM.
                        RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                          I have yet to watch the race to see said move. However, whether or not Santino’s peers like him the kid is exciting to watch. I’m sure lots of drivers fantasize about taking out rivals who are pains to race with but the difference is having the maturity not to act using cars as weapons. Sounds like I have to fire up my PVR.

Comment

Herta did nothing wrong, period.

Comment

I felt Herta Didn’t give Santino any room and forced him into the grass. Santino could have kept his position and damaged both cars. I wished he had held his position to see Herta’s reaction. One of those racing deals, game of chicken. Santino blinked.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X