Mid Ohio Race 1 Weekend Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Ohio Race 1 Weekend Thread

Looks like a possibility of a rain and thunder shower around 5pm Eastern time Saturday. I am bringing the umbrella and our pickup instead of the Miata.

Here is the full day schedule:
    8:30 AM - 9:00 AM USF2000 Race 1
    9:25 AM - 10:15 AM MX-5 Cup Race 1
    10:45 AM - 12:00 PM NTT INDYCAR SERIES Practice
    12:15 PM - 1:00 PM Indy Pro 2000 Race 1
    1:05 PM - 1:35 PM USF2000 Race 2
    2:00 PM - 2:30 PM NTT INDYCAR SERIES Qualifying 1
    3:00 PM - 3:50 PM MX-5 Cup Race 2
    5:00 PM NTT INDYCAR SERIES Race 1
    No signature required

Nothing's more fun to watch than a quick heavy shower in the middle of a road race. Dry....wet...drying.
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
        Nothing's more fun to watch than a quick heavy shower in the middle of a road race. Dry....wet...drying.
        Please Lord let this happen. Just enough to make the tire switch but not so much that the back side floods. Would be so fun to watch.

Comment

Brings to mind the guys racing through the creek running across the track at Elkhart Lake about 15 (?) years ago. That was nuts.
          "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
          "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
          "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

The time and speeds are slower this year compared to last year thus far for practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive1 View Post
              The time and speeds are slower this year compared to last year thus far for practice.
              The qual sim laps are just starting now.
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Ferrucci,Ferrucci...! 122.125 Still slower...

Comment

I'd like to see some rain make things interesting..

...but I'm not seeing a really significant chance of rain until Sunday morning.

Hopefully we'll get lucky with a passing shower this evening.
                  No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive1 View Post
                    Ferrucci,Ferrucci...! 122.125 Still slower...
                    I'm wonder who is going poach him from Dale Coyne, he's looking more and more like a keeper.

Comment

Slightly off topic... did the track used to have a different configuration between turns 9 & 10 in the distant past? I've been watching races held here since the late 1980s and the configuration there is the same as today... but today I found some old overgrown pavement that looks like an old, original configuration? Its inside the track, it would have made Turn 9 a sharper (more than 90 degree) right hander, went down a hill and made an extra left hand turn, leading up a hill and back to the current Turn 10.

Comment

Sprinklers. We need sprinklers. Or someone standing at a random corner with a super soaker. I could learn to like road courses.
                        I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

Sprinklers. We need sprinklers. Or someone standing at a random corner with a super soaker..
                          I heard that Bernie Ecclestone is available. 😎

Comment

Shocking that Dixon was P9 in session one.

Comment

Originally posted by kaputt View Post
                              Shocking that Dixon was P9 in session one.
                              What's less shocking is Power P1 in session 1

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X