Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 IndyCar drivers - who leaves, who stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nospheratez View Post

One tub is for the primary car and another one for backup car. Usual scenario. To be honest, I thought already that TopGun is another dead born project since they were silent all this time.
    Agreed but it seems that the deal lately with new teams is to only have one chassis (because teams don't really use a backup car in May anymore with the way the rules are with engines) per entry. Pretty sure that Paretta's deal has one car (which came from Juncos). Juncos did have just 2 chassis, for their 2 entries when they ran 2 cars at Indy. DragonSpeed only had 1 car for Ben Hanley the past 2 years. Clauson-Marshall leased one car from Foyt. Does Dreyer and Reinbold have more then the 2 chassis they have run at Indy for their 2 entries the past 2 years? (not sure on that one).

Just thought it was a bit surprising that for a brand new entity, that they'd already have 2 tubs and presumably will have 2 chassis at least in various states of readiness for May. I think its wise to go this route to have another car in the stable, should an unfortunate incident occur. But not the route the smaller one-off type teams/entries have been doing it lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

BTW, James Davison did announce today that he'll be in a car for the Indy 500.
      Where was this announcement? During the Cup pre-race?

EDIT: I have found the Indy Star story saying that he posted it on his private Instagram.
      Last edited by dwaldrep51; 02-22-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• THE VIEW FROM THE HAIRPIN - 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES

CHEVROLET
        Penske - 4 - Newgarden, Power, Pagenaud, McLaughlin
        Foyt - 2 - Bourdais, Kellett
        McLaren - 2 - O' Ward, Rosenqvist
        Carpenter - 2 - VeeKay, Carpenter/Daly
        Carlin - 1 - Chilton/Daly
        PART-TIME
        Dreyer & Reinbold - 1 - Karam?
        INDY-ONLY
        Foyt - 1 - Kimball (two-off)
        McLaren - 1 - Montoya
        Carpenter - 1 - Daly
        Paretta - 1 - De Silvestro (other races possible)
        Dreyer & Reinbold - 1 - Hildebrand

HONDA
        Andretti - 4 - Rossi, Herta, Hunter-Reay, Hinchcliffe
        Ganassi - 4 - Dixon, Kanaan/Johnson, Ericsson, Palou
        Rahal - 2 - Rahal, Sato
        Coyne - 2 - Jones, Grosjean/Davison
        Meyer-Shank - 1 - Harvey
        PART-TIME
        Meyer-Shank - 1 - Castroneves (Indy 500, Nashville, IMS NASCAR weekend, Portland, Laguna Seca, Long Beach)
        Coyne - 1 - Ware
        Andretti - 1 - Andretti
        INDY-ONLY
        Andretti - 1 - Askew?
        Rahal - 1 - Pigot

UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER (INDY-ONLY)
        Top Gun - 1 - Enerson
        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

One tub is for the primary car and another one for backup car. Usual scenario. To be honest, I thought already that TopGun is another dead born project since they were silent all this time.
          From memory, didn't Top Gun discuss running some R/S races, as well as the 500 last year. Maybe the idea of 2 tubs is to have an Indy 500-specific car & a R/S car.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRW1983 View Post
            From memory, didn't Top Gun discuss running some R/S races, as well as the 500 last year. Maybe the idea of 2 tubs is to have an Indy 500-specific car & a R/S car.
            Makes sense.

Also, aren't some smaller FT teams' 500 backups their IndyCar GP car?
            Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by thehairpin View Post

Also, aren't some smaller FT teams' 500 backups their IndyCar GP car?
              That's probably true for every team

Comment

• https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...-pain/5472017/

"[Grosjean] is set to compete in all 13 road and street course races on the 2021 NTT IndyCar Series calendar, with Pietro Fittipaldi favorite to fill in on the ovals including the Indianapolis 500."
                "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• starting to look like Fittipaldi in the 51, Davison in the 52, and the plane sponsorship falling through (for Indy)

Comment

• THE VIEW FROM THE HAIRPIN - 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES

CHEVROLET
                    Penske - 4 - Newgarden, Power, Pagenaud, McLaughlin
                    Foyt - 2 - Bourdais, Kellett
                    McLaren - 2 - O' Ward, Rosenqvist
                    Carpenter - 2 - VeeKay, Carpenter/Daly
                    Carlin - 1 - Chilton/Daly
                    PART-TIME
                    Dreyer & Reinbold - 1 - Karam?
                    INDY-ONLY
                    Foyt - 1 - Kimball (two-off)
                    McLaren - 1 - Montoya
                    Carpenter - 1 - Daly
                    Paretta - 1 - De Silvestro (other races possible)
                    Dreyer & Reinbold - 1 - Hildebrand

HONDA
                    Andretti - 4 - Rossi, Herta, Hunter-Reay, Hinchcliffe
                    Ganassi - 4 - Dixon, Kanaan/Johnson, Ericsson, Palou
                    Rahal - 2 - Rahal, Sato
                    Coyne - 2 - Jones, Grosjean/Fittipaldi
                    Meyer-Shank - 1 - Harvey
                    PART-TIME
                    Meyer-Shank - 1 - Castroneves (Indy 500, Nashville, IMS NASCAR weekend, Portland, Laguna Seca, Long Beach)
                    Coyne - 1 - Davison/Ware
                    Andretti - 1 - Andretti
                    INDY-ONLY
                    Andretti - 1 - Askew?
                    Rahal - 1 - Pigot

UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER (INDY-ONLY)
                    Top Gun - 1 - Enerson

Comment

• Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
                      starting to look like Fittipaldi in the 51, Davison in the 52, and the plane sponsorship falling through (for Indy)
                      It’s been mentioned and hinted at a few different places that all the drivers shut down the idea of Cody Ware making his debut at Indy. Want him to run some road courses and get up to speed supposedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dakinca View Post

It’s been mentioned and hinted at a few different places that all the drivers shut down the idea of Cody Ware making his debut at Indy. Want him to run some road courses and get up to speed supposedly.
                        I think Cody Ware himself is in favor of it too. Also it's not going to be show up and fill the field this year. Cars will be going home.

Comment

• I'll say - "Start 'em all!".
                          Nastalgia & headache.

Comment

I'll say - "Start 'em all!".
                            If there's ever enough entries to do it, maybe resurrect the Freedom 100 as a consolation race.

Comment

• Originally posted by dakinca View Post

It’s been mentioned and hinted at a few different places that all the drivers shut down the idea of Cody Ware making his debut at Indy.
                              Where exactly was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by gottastayfly View Post
                                https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...-pain/5472017/

"[Grosjean] is set to compete in all 13 road and street course races on the 2021 NTT IndyCar Series calendar, with Pietro Fittipaldi favorite to fill in on the ovals including the Indianapolis 500."
                                On the assumption Pietro Fittipaldi runs all the ovals, he only has to skip the Portuguese & Monaco GP's in his duties as Haas reserve driver.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X