Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 IndyCar drivers - who leaves, who stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 IndyCar drivers - who leaves, who stays?

Who leaves as FT?

who joins as FT?

any other significant changes next year? Who does Jimmy drive for?

Veach, Hinch, Castroneves?

Forget Hinch and Castroneves as full time drivers. I highly doubt Veach will be back at AA unless the money he's bringing is just that much that it's helping the other cars. . His contract with them is up and he's shown nothing. If he's in the series it'll be because he takes the sponsorship to one of the bottom tier teams. That's my speculation.
    The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

I know Chip loves the $$$, but he may take a good long look at replacing Felix--with Power or Pags (if they are replaced with McLaughlin) or Rossi or O'Ward. All of these would be an upgrade (more complete drivers).

With O'Ward currently 3rd, McLaren may think they can do better than Askew (currently 17th, and who won't have his $1 mil Lights bonus next season). Again, we have Power, Pags, Rossi . . . Ferrucci, maybe even Colton (who was Pato's equal in Lights two years ago as teammates).

Comment

Rossi signed a 3 year deal with Andretti last July so he's locked in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
          Forget Hinch and Castroneves as full time drivers. I highly doubt Veach will be back at AA unless the money he's bringing is just that much that it's helping the other cars. . His contract with them is up and he's shown nothing. If he's in the series it'll be because he takes the sponsorship to one of the bottom tier teams. That's my speculation.
          Kinda surprised that Hinch couldn't get the $ together for a full-time ride. Seems like a dream spokesman.
          Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post

With O'Ward currently 3rd, McLaren may think they can do better than Askew (currently 17th, and who won't have his $1 mil Lights bonus next season). Again, we have Power, Pags, Rossi . . . Ferrucci, maybe even Colton (who was Pato's equal in Lights two years ago as teammates).

McLaren is not going to do anything with their 2 rookies. They would not have hired them as a tandem and then split them up one year in, especially in a oddball year like this one.

I think Jimmie Johnson drives for a Chevy team, possibly with a 3rd full-time car with McLaren. Doing just the road/street races.

I think Veach leaves Andretti, taking his money (if he indeed still has some) to a lower tier team like Carlin. Hinchcliffe rejoins Andretti, taking Veach's spot on the roster.

Carpenter takes himself out of the seat, scaling back to doing just the Indy 500. Daly stays with team, taking over the full-time 2nd car to go along with VeeKay.

Citrone/Buhl Autosport ups their participation in 2021, possibly teaming with someone like Carlin. Pigot takes over the 59 oval portion of the schedule, which Daly had this year.

Penske goes to 4 full-time cars, bringing McLaughlin into the fold in the #3 car.

Kanaan returns for 2021 Indy 500 with Andretti.

Comment

Ok, I'll shoot from the hip. IF Genesys is still interested in sponsoring IndyCars(?)

# 1 - stay with Andretti and co-sponsor Herta in the # 88

# 2 - Shank adds an extra car full-time with Hinchcliffe and Genesys

When I look into my crystal ball, I'll share more later!
              "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post
                I know Chip loves the $$$, but he may take a good long look at replacing Felix--with Power or Pags (if they are replaced with McLaughlin) or Rossi or O'Ward. All of these would be an upgrade (more complete drivers).

Roger Penske has already said his 3 drivers will return to Team Penske next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

I think Veach leaves Andretti, taking his money (if he indeed still has some) to a lower tier team like Carlin. Hinchcliffe rejoins Andretti, taking Veach's spot on the roster.
                  I think the first part of this is correct, but not the second. AA would need a sponsor for that car, and if I could pick Mike's brain I'd say he knows running five full time cars just isn't tenable.
                  The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

I think the unknowns are..

- Will Veach's sponsor re-sign with him
                    - Will Scott Mclaughlin join Penske or have plans changed?
                    - Jimmie Johnson said he wants to join the series part time - but how many races and with who?
                    - As with every year lately - what about Conor Daly?
                    - What about AJ Foyt Racing - will it still be circus that it was in 2020?
                    - Penske said Helio is now free look around - will he be signed or will it end up being just a Indy 500 deal?
                    - Does Hinch have enough sponsors for a full-time deal?

I know those are a lot of questions but we can't really talk aobut moving spots until these questions are answered. I have a feeling that at the end the AJ Foyt question will be the one that determines everything else.
                    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

As much as I like Veach personally, he's seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met and I hate to say this... But AA needs to consider replacing him with Hinch, Hinch is still capable of scoring podiums and wins here and there and was the best AA driver at Indy. He even ran the fastest lap of the race!

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post

Kinda surprised that Hinch couldn't get the $ together for a full-time ride. Seems like a dream spokesman.
                      I can't remember where I heard this but there was some rumor going on that Hinch would have enough sponsorship to maybe run some more races after Indy this year, I hope this turns out to be the truth!
                      Last edited by castronevesfan3; 09-01-2020, 05:16 AM.
                      IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

Milka Duno returns in a Lotus so the leaders can pass a lapped car at Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeremi View Post
                          Milka Duno returns in a Lotus so the leaders can pass a lapped car at Gateway.
                          Is Jean Alesi too busy?
                          “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

I think the first part of this is correct, but not the second. AA would need a sponsor for that car, and if I could pick Mike's brain I'd say he knows running five full time cars just isn't tenable.
                            I agree, he should look at Team Penske's plan and stick with quality over quantity.

Comment

I think one of the big dominoes that may fall hasn't been mentioned yet. RHRs contract is up at the end of the year. Does Andretti keep him full time or does he go to a PT driver as he nears retirement age? If it's the latter, then can AA convince DHL to stay and sponsor another driver too. If so, it opens up a ton of options at AA. Icould also see Marco going down to Indy only. He hasn't shown anything anywhere in years other than Indy and, being a part owner in Herta's team himself, it might make more sense for him to split away from dad and start to form his own team with Bryan for a new up and coming driver than to continue putting around in 15th place every week that isn't the 500.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X