Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nashville Street Race (Music City GP) is a go for 2021, '22, '23 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post

I went to four of those races at Nash and enjoyed them all.
    I'd never go to a street race there, but I know I'm in the minority of fans.
    Those downtown events are primarily biz to biz anyway (Detroit has bleachers like a high school football field) so hopefully it's a nice deal for Indycar.
    Firestone used to sponsor the races there, Bridgestone HQ is downtown.

Maybe with the haloscreen they'll consider going back to Kentucky.
    Right there with ya. Loved the races in Nashville. And I travelled from PA to see them
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Nobody goes to oval races.
      I do. I traveled 14 hours to go to the Nashville races. I also traveled from PA to Richmond as well. Add Pocono and Nazareth to that list as well. An the Nashville races were sold out every years I was there I believe.
      Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Nobody goes to oval races.
        No?

_JGS-2019-GATEWAY-242463-1.jpg
        IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

MOTOROCK.....
          Thank you....had totally forgotten that one! Cars, stars, & guitars!
          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Starts at 11:55 AM EST
            To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
            ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
            #ParkedIt

Comment

I'll check back on year 3 and see if it's still on the schedule.

Hope so, but the list of these things that have failed is way longer than the ones that have stuck.
              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Live "Music City Grand Prix"

Comment

Aug 6-8, 2021

And the stream went to a test pattern.

Comment

Layout
                    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Not a fan but hope to be proven wrong.

Comment

"If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

I wasn't expecting them to use the bridge so I'm pleasantly surprised.
                          Two long straights into tighter turns will make for passing opportunities.
                          Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

That's 100% better layout than I anticipated. I didn't think they'd close a bridge, or limit access by using a street on either side of a bridge. Wow. My opinion of this event changes greatly with this map.
                            "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I'm fairly familiar with Nashville and that circuit looks actually halfway decent! It should put on a pretty good race I'd think. I see some passing opportunities, and think it's cool their using the bridge too.

Side note, have indycars ever raced directly above water before?

Comment

"Fully funded by Music City Grand Prix."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X