• Show
Clear All

• Jimmie!

Jimmie Johnson
    @JimmieJohnson

I get to test an @IndyCar
    next week! A big thanks to my friends @CGRIndyCar
    & @GanassiChip
    for the opportunity. Now back to the gym for a crash course in IndyCar specific strength training.

I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Any idea where?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

IMS road course according to the Star

Comment

Indycar seems an unlikely retirement job after 23 yrs in stock cars.
        I would think he'd try IMSA / LeMans or such.
        Although given his connections, I'm sure he could prospect a ride for the 500 without difficulty.
        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

He's indicated he would like to try IndyCar but only on a road course, the 500 is out. His choice, respect that and not judging. He was supposed to test the Monday after Barber which would have been neat to see. Not a JJ fan, but would like to see him give it a try in a real (not i) race. It will be interesting to see how he does in the test.

Comment

Highly doubt he is doing this for anything more than a bit of fun.

Comment

Even if this doesn't lead to anything, it's still good publicity for Indycar.

Comment

Probably happens Monday after the races. Shocked he'd do it in a Honda though.
                "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                  Agreed, but he's a racer and I'm sure he will want to see what the car is capable of within reason. I'll be interested to see how it goes.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Turns out this will be on Wednesday of next week, it's under the driver evaluation test rule.
                    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                      If this shutdown hadn't happened, he was going to do a couple of races with McLaren this season.

This isn't for fun. He wants to do some Indy Car races on road courses. In 2021 now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X