Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi OT - Former Indycar Driver Ana Beatriz in hot water in Brazil

https://racer.com/2020/06/26/figueir...ey-laundering/

Looks as though Ana Beatriz has gotten caught up in an alleged fraud and money laundering ring orchestrated by her husband and Father in Law

I will never hear her name without thinking of Kentucky 2011.....

Comment

Great plot line for a cop show.

Originally posted by Packer487 View Post
      I will never hear her name without thinking of Kentucky 2011.....
      Yeah, me neither. What?
      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I don't remember that. Spell it out. If memory serves, she did get penalized for going to fast thru a caution area racing in Lights.
        quote:
        "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

No, it was where Power somehow had a car good enough to drive away from everyone in a pack race, and then her team released her right into his sidepod in an otherwise empty pit lane. Ruined his race and gave Dario the title.

Comment

She was always pleasant to me. So I'd offer her the same advice I would any friend of mine, the first one to make a deal gets the lightest sentence. Throw the husband and his family under the first bus and save yourself.
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
              She was always pleasant to me. So I'd offer her the same advice I would any friend of mine, the first one to make a deal gets the lightest sentence. Throw the husband and his family under the first bus and save yourself.
              Bia was not indicted. She doesn't need to make a deal.

Comment

I figured such behavior was the order of the day in successful Brazilian business.
                You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Pregnant in a Brazilian prison is not a good place to be.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
                    Pregnant in a Brazilian prison is not a good place to be.
                    She was not arrested and is not in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by sejarzo View Post

She was not arrested and is not in prison.
                      No, she's just under investigation.
                      Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

Hopefully the investigation exonerates her. Sounds like the father-in-law and quite possibly her husband are in for some hard times.

I watch a lot of Nat Geo Locked up Abroad. There is no hell on Earth like these South American prisons. I can't see Anna B in that situation.
                        "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Is there any explanation for the name change? If it was just a surname through marriage it would make sense, but it seems to be more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
                            Hopefully the investigation exonerates her. Sounds like the father-in-law and quite possibly her husband are in for some hard times.
                            I wonder if this is a John Paul-like situation, where her biggest crime may be that she doesn't want to drop the dime on loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyj View Post
                              Is there any explanation for the name change? If it was just a surname through marriage it would make sense, but it seems to be more than that.
                              Which “name change” are you referring to?

Her given name is Ana Beatriz Caselato Gomes de Figueiredo.

She raced as Ana Beatriz here but Bia has always been her nickname since childhood and she signed many of her autographs in IndyCar (more so in IndyLights) as “Bia”.

Her “changing” her name for simplification purposes in America is no different than what Castroneves or Veekay have done.

She goes by Bia Figueiredo in Brazil.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X