Indy 500 to run with stands half full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy 500 to run with stands half full

Sad, but I'm glad they are still trying to put on the race.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...otor-speedway/

50% capacity per IMS

Comment

I have - had - a front row ticket in B Penthouse that I purchased from StubHub.

I called IMS ticket office, on hold for maybe 60 seconds. Very nice man told me to call StubHub. Short hold there. They are working on it.

Comment

If they refund/credit the people with seniority who can't/don't want to attend, and don't sell to people who don't have seniority, I'd think that they could get fairly close to their 50%?
        I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

I was surprised at how quickly they answered the phone. Maybe there is less demand than I would have expected. 'Ah, screw it Amy, just go on line and get our refund.'

Comment

All tickets to be reissued.
            "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

New Indy 500 Race Day tickets will be issued to all customers for the rescheduled Indy 500. If you have already received your original Indy 500 Race Day tickets, you may keep them, but they will not be valid for entry.

So what about all those tickets currently for sale on EBAY and other places that are about to become worthless? Tough luck for those who unknowingly buy them I guess.I wonder what the newly issued tickets are going to be worth on the market?

Comment

That is the risk you take when you buy scalped tickets. You have no contract with the ticket issuer, IMS

Comment

Has anyone received a letter or email? The press releases say they have sent letters to ticket holders? I haven't received anything.

Comment

Originally posted by coxspeed View Post
                    Has anyone received a letter or email? The press releases say they have sent letters to ticket holders? I haven't received anything.
                    I haven't received one either, but I did log in to my IMS account & was able to make my amended ticket choices.
                    #BCForever

Comment

50%
                      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

IMS President J. Douglas Boles said in a statement:

"We're committed to running the Indy 500 on Sunday, Aug. 23 and will welcome fans to the world's greatest racing venue. We will be limiting attendance to approximately 50 percent of venue capacity, and we are also finalizing a number of additional carefully considered health and safety measures. We'll unveil the specific details of our comprehensive plan in the coming weeks."
                      BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Interesting to see how they manage 50% capacity.

Also, every time I see this thread I think it says “Only Fans”. I must have a dirty mind.

Comment

I see this as a bad omen not a good one.

Comment

If 78 percent had been sold, figure a decent number will take the offer for a credit and pass this year, specifically those in higher risk groups and those who simply don't want to chance it. I feel a lot better about attending the race now knowing we won't be on top of each other like normal, bit of breathing room, easier getting in and out, etc. I would assume based on the attendance numbers of practice and qualifying in past years that social distancing won't be an issue for those who want room.

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X