St. Pete Seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Pete Seating

Decided WTH last night and booked a trip for the St. Pete race assuming (probably bad assumption) that he race will be held and open to fans. Tickets are not on sale currently but looking ahead what are some of the best grandstands to sit in?
    I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Stand 10 or Turn 10
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I agree that stand 10 is probably the best seating area. That said, it is on the outside of the track so getting to the vendors, food service and the one and only real bar is a bit of a trek and up and over the track. Essentionaly all of the vendors are located on the inside of the track. We've been in stand 7, in the higher rows, the last 5 or 6 years. That is near pit out with a view of the front straight and the mayhem in turn 1. There are video screens close by. I have been to every race but missed 2019. If you have a car plan on parking at Tropicana Field and take the free shuttle right to the main gate. I hope this is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by VENICE FL View Post
        I agree that stand 10 is probably the best seating area. That said, it is on the outside of the track so getting to the vendors, food service and the one and only real bar is a bit of a trek and up and over the track. Essentionaly all of the vendors are located on the inside of the track. We've been in stand 7, in the higher rows, the last 5 or 6 years. That is near pit out with a view of the front straight and the mayhem in turn 1. There are video screens close by. I have been to every race but missed 2019. If you have a car plan on parking at Tropicana Field and take the free shuttle right to the main gate. I hope this is useful.
        Thanks....I was hoping someone would mention Stand 7 as from my first glance at the track map this seemed to be a decent all around place to be.
        I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Comment

We generally sit as close as we can to the gap on the east end of 7. Standing at the rail you're looking down on all of the crew, cars, celebrities, drivers and their wives or SO as they come into the track from the paddock. My lady can't make it this year so I'm taking my 23 year old grandson to his second St. Pete race. He was with me for the monsoon and we went back up on Monday for the race. During the Sunday delay he got Danika to sign his ball cap and became an IndyCar fan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X