Ticket Orders for 2021 Indy 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Orders for 2021 Indy 500

Well, normally at this time of year one could renew Indy 500 tickets for next year. Does anyone know when the renewal/upgrade process will start for 2021. Normally, I would be doing it on Memorial day (2 days away). I briefly looked at the IMS ticket site, but I can't find any information. Does anybody know what the plans are?
    Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 63

I haven't even gotten my 2020 tickets yet.. I called this week and they said they had a whole big batch that didn't go out before they were locked out of the office. Hope to be sending them soon. I would imagine that they will make us wait till the race runs for renewal. That way if it doesn't happen this year, our tickets will automatically be good for next year. Save a lot of postage and printing costs.

Comment

Well that's news that some tickets are still sitting in the office. I wouldn't call the Speedway ticket office an essential business but it's not like the state police padlocked the doors. You would think they could go in, gather up the tickets, envelopes and postage meter and work from home.

Renewals to me are going to be a moot point. If the 4 major stick and ball sports start or restart without fans it's s stretch to say 300k people are going to Indy in August or October. The way to judge is to look at what happens in the next three weeks where they are now opening up beaches and churches.

Right now the NBA is looking at all the teams being in Orlando, staying at Disney World and finishing their season. The NHL is talking about two no fan sites in Chicago and one western location with plenty of hotels. Baseball the same format in Arizona spring training sites. All of them as well as the NFL and NASCAR need to start because of the TV money. It's a hit to not get ticket revenue but they are going to get as much as they can out of 2020.
      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
      "They're criminals"
      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Doug Boles was on the Marshall Pruett podcast this past week, and was asked about it. While sounding a little unsure, he eventually said the “500 hours for renewal” will start after the race in August. He said if you don’t renew in June you won’t lose your seniority...but also said they weren’t sure what they were doing yet and were planning to mail out more information.

https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...th-doug-boles/

Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
          Well that's news that some tickets are still sitting in the office. I wouldn't call the Speedway ticket office an essential business but it's not like the state police padlocked the doors. You would think they could go in, gather up the tickets, envelopes and postage meter and work from home.
          The race is three months away. There is no reason to rush.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
            Doug Boles was on the Marshall Pruett podcast this past week, and was asked about it. While sounding a little unsure, he eventually said the “500 hours for renewal” will start after the race in August. He said if you don’t renew in June you won’t lose your seniority...but also said they weren’t sure what they were doing yet and were planning to mail out more information.

https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...th-doug-boles/

Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering about this.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

The race is three months away. There is no reason to rush.
              They haven't mailed out the Brickyard 400 tickets, that's 6 weeks away and Mark Miles is touting the idea that there will be fans in the stands.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

The IMS tickets site has nothing listed yet about 2021. Seems to be consistent with what Boles said last week.
                Doctorindy.com

Comment

I wonder if people who are on Indy 500 withdrawl right now are more willing to visit the Brickyard 400/ Indy GP than they otherwise would have.
                  Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
                    I wonder if people who are on Indy 500 withdrawl right now are more willing to visit the Brickyard 400/ Indy GP than they otherwise would have.
                    I think so. I also wonder about Nascar fans closer to Chicago.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X