No announcement yet.

I haven't posted here in a long time but I'm not feeling too great this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't posted here in a long time but I'm not feeling too great this weekend

I mean no indy. never happened in my life. I'm seriously sad. nothing else I've had to give up has bothered me this much....I know. it's silly. people have died. still sucks.
    It's a brand new day.

Not silly in the least. I’m definitely looking forward to the race in August and the hype leading up to it... along with the massive crowds at IMS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
      Not silly in the least. I’m definitely looking forward to the race in August and the hype leading up to it... along with the massive crowds at IMS!!!
      I just hope it happens. you never know these days. concert tours in august have been cancelled...
      It's a brand new day.

Comment

Yeah it’s sucks. I’d be at Carb Day with my sons today. Was going to take the middle one for the first time. Think of how many streaks are broken bc of this stupid virus. People who have gone 40+ straight years...some may not be here next year. And not everyone can come in August.... This sucks
        "We named the dog Indiana"

Comment

Definitely sucks
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Duuuude! Welcome back. We missed you. You are among your friends, who feel your pain.
            There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Yeah...this whole May has been FUBAR...

​​​
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

I feel your pain and frustration..... After well over 2 decades of consecutive Indy participation on Memorial Day weekend, it is a bit surreal Mrs. GHF and me actually being at home, hundreds of miles away from Indy.

I found myself checking the weather today for Speedway.... Looked like today's Carb Day events would have gone off without a hitch both on track and with the concert.

Sunday = 40% chance of storms, rising temps.... the usual.

Comment

It really is a bummer and I don't feel guilty for being bummed. I'm from Alabama where football is king and I love college and pro football as much as anyone, but I also love auto racing. This coming Sunday is my favorite sports day of the year - I'm locked in for Monaco and Indy, then I'll take a break and come back Sunday night to catch the last 100 miles or so of the World 600.

I think I may fire up an old Monaco at 7:10am CDT this Sunday and follow it up with an Indy 500. It won't be the same, but I'll enjoy it anyway.

Comment

It TOTALLY sucks. Once we get past New Years, I start looking forward to Indy. By mid-March I’m usually really pumped. It’s the only truly must-see thing on TV for me all year.

I sure hope it works out for August

It is so ironic that this mess is Penske’s first rodeo. Who could have possibly imagined this? I was so psyched for the new regime, as I’m sure 99% of you were.

Its a big blow.

(I just read that Hertz has filed for bankruptcy. Very sad and alarming times, all around the globe.)

Comment

Its been a family tradition for me since '82. Haven't missed one. It the thing I do every year with my dad and that makes is special. Last few years there have been 3 generations of us up in turn 3. This is my christmas, and its not happening.

I'm also worried that there will be some dumbass border restriction in place come August that will make it hard for me to go then, if they run in August. As bad as this is, at least we aren't missing the race. If they were running it and was stuck here in Canada, well, I would be despondent.

Comment

I'll tell you this! When it comes back it's going to be crazy.
                        Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Marco would have won tomorrow. I have predicted Andretti (any of them) since 1984 lol.

Comment

When schools, etc., started to close, mental health professionas said that people need to take time to mourn things we hold dear being taken away. Your feelings are totally legitimate and you do not need to apologize.

Comment

This whole year has felt so surreal that it doesn’t feel like race week for me.
                              Professor Joe
                              Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X