Wickens needs assistance re IRacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wickens needs assistance re IRacing

Apparently the company that was supposed to be setting him up with equipment backed out. He posted the following to twitter and facebook:

Robert Wickens
    @robertwickens
    2h
    Just found out the company that was providing me a sim has decided not to support me anymore. Anyone in the Indy area that can help me out?! I need a steering wheel with dual axis analog paddles and a hydraulic hand brake. Trying to find a way to make this happen! #iracing #sim

I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

More here:
    https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...teering-wheel/

Comment

I'm not familiar with iRacing, but I will check it out tomorrow.

But if IndyCar cannot make it happen for Robbie Wickens, then they are missing a huge opportunity to do the right thing. And probably make more people want to watch.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure even if he got it tomorrow that he'd have enough time to practice and not look like ME out there, spinning all over.
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Look like Robert got hooked up https://racer.com/2020/03/27/wickens...racing-return/

Comment

Originally posted by Boiler_81 View Post
            Gary B's kids had a large part in putting it together.

Comment

Max Papis was hurrying to get it to UPS by 6PM tonight. Assuming it get's overnighted in time, Wickens will have very very little time to get acquainted.
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Wickens won't be racing this week

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

Gary B's kids had a large part in putting it together.
                  Nice to see the Bettenhausen name back in Indycar...

Even if it's only a computer game version...
                  Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X