Will “Smoke” attempt a GP double...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will “Smoke” attempt a GP double...?

Tony Stewart already running the Xfinity GP and now the Indycar GP will run in conjunction.. just a thought.. would be cool... could sub for Bourdais if he isn’t available.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

I don't think an IndyCar on a RC is Smoke's can of beer, but Johnson on the other hand...sim, sim, sim.
    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

It would be fun but I don't see it.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Posted on twitter that Boles asked Stewart if he'd run all 4 races (BC39, Xfinity, Cup and Indycar) - Tony supposedly gave him a thumbs up and said that if Boles could get him good rides, he'd consider it. So, possible....
        I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Tony WAS offered a Penske ride several years ago and turned it down. So no, he won’t do it. He’s struggling to make a mains on lower tier sprint car races. He just needs to go away. Every time he starts feeling irrelevant, he starts these moronic rumors to keep his name current. I’m so done with him

Comment

Originally posted by Billusac114 View Post
            Tony WAS offered a Penske ride several years ago and turned it down. So no, he won’t do it. He’s struggling to make a mains on lower tier sprint car races. He just needs to go away. Every time he starts feeling irrelevant, he starts these moronic rumors to keep his name current. I’m so done with him

Comment

What lower tier sprint car races?

I haven't heard about this.
              Live like Dave

Comment

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...on-kurt-busch/

Jimmie Johnson sounds quite interested!
                "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Billusac114 View Post
                  Well, Tony won 10 sprint car races in 2019, so I'm not sure he's irrelevant yet. I saw him race at Knoxville when I was in Iowa for the 2018 indycar race. He finished 4th and looked pretty darn competitive.

https://www.tonystewart.com/blog/201...speedway-visit

Comment

If Tony drops a bunch of weight and gets in shape, then you know he's inline to do something. Until then, I'm in the camp of not gonna.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X