Best Seating For Indy Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seating For Indy Grand Prix

For those who have attended in the past, what stand or area of the track is best for watching this race in person?
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Last time I was there I just walked around the track. The mounds on coming out of turn one and going into seven are great for general admission seats

Comment

We sit on the seats at the braking zone into 1. Lots of the track and pits are visible and down low enough to “feel” the action.
      Others really like up in oval 4. But, I like being closer to the track.
      I had 6 tickets for awhile. Cut back to 2, some in the gang preferred to walk the track.
      I guess you can’t go wrong eh

Comment

Count me as Turn 4 (NW Vista Deck). Can see down the main straight, the action going into 1 and the exiting onto Hulman Blvd. We had six too, down to four now.
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I was in the J stand by the road course turn 1. Just depends on what your looking for? What’s the age group/ what’s most important ?

Comment

If comfort and shade are factors, you might consider E Stand.

Comment

Originally posted by dakinca View Post
              I was in the J stand by the road course turn 1. Just depends on what your looking for? What’s the age group/ what’s most important ?
              It's the wife and I, early 50's... just like to drink a few cold beverages and sit in a spot for possible passing/breaking zone. Never been to any kind of road race
              "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

I wonder if bronze badges will be valid for Friday July 3rd?
                A rainy day at the track is better than a sunny day anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyfred View Post
                  I wonder if bronze badges will be valid for Friday July 3rd?
                  I was wondering about the grid walk on race day. I assume that's gone.

Comment

J stand section 30, you can see all the way down the front stretch without any fence obstruction, great view of turn 1 and jumbotron. I also have sat in the South Vista which I enjoyed. not as much passing down there but still good view

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

It's the wife and I, early 50's... just like to drink a few cold beverages and sit in a spot for possible passing/breaking zone. Never been to any kind of road race
                      Your want to sit on the front stretch if you want you see some passing. J or H stand will be good. They should have virtual spots on the website where you can see what they look like.

Comment

I have seats in the NW Vista Deck, turn 4 at the Indy 500. I can see 8 turns and the action in the 1st turn.
                        Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                        Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                        Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

The best stands for the GP no longer exist, turn 7 at the end of the back stretch were awesome. General admission is the way to go, find a spot on top of the spectator hills outside of turn 2. You can watch them from the entry into turn 1 all the way around to the back stretch, A great place to watch the start from.

763A2215800.JPG

Comment

Turn 7 in 2018-

763A1664800.JPG
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm in Sect 1, top row of NW vista. I essentially can see them coming onto front straight, and all of north end of the track onto Hulman Blvd.
                              Last edited by Racewknd; 04-03-2020, 12:20 PM. Reason: Can't attach pic
                              "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X