Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Indy 500 Driver of All Time, in 64-spot brackets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Indy 500 Driver of All Time, in 64-spot brackets.

Updated 4/3:
    Indy500MarchMadnessEliteEight.jpg

Vote here:

https://forms.gle/uTnZAwPRvtJdNw4TA
    Last edited by Will O'Hargan; 04-03-2020, 03:50 PM.

AJ Foyt.

Next?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Are you looking for suggested drivers? Certainly Foyt, Mears, and Al Sr. Will be number 1 seeds

Comment

Bill Vokovich as the other 1 seed, please.
        He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Is this an Indy 500 bracket or an Indy Car in general bracket?

Comment

It is an Indy 500 bracket

Comment

I would maybe suggest a modern era driver as the other nimber 1 seed. I'm a younger fan and haven't seen alot of the older drivers race, so my opinions are, of course, skewed a bit. That said I've never seen anyone conquer Indy thebway Helio and Dario did.

Comment

I think it's more interesting to make it a subjective argument

Since the OP simply lists The Indianapolus Motir Speedway as criteria, I'd recommend making it about any driver who ever raced there, but then considering the whole of their driving career, with an emphasis on IMS results.

That way, we can include Fangio, and also give Dan Gurney a representation, along with Dale Earnhardt and Michael Schumacher. Fangio gets ranked for his championships, but docked a bit for the sole Indy DNQ. Gurney gets credit for also building cars. Schumie had a great record at IMS.

Otherwise, it's just a statistical ranking and a math problem, not an endless argument . Even though Foyt probably still wins, the intrigue is in who's next and so on.
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Will O'Hargan View Post
                  It is an Indy 500 bracket
                  That's not what it says

C'mon, open it up. It will be more interesting. Had this conversation with lotuspoweredbyford just the other day
                  "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Far out I thought I was having flashbacks, man!

( not really, just a little deja blues )

Comment

Since the logo for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is on top of the page, I assume you mean strictly Indy 500 drivers.
                      I know I will get some flack, but, Mario Andretti should rate low on the chart.

==

Comment

They've had a lot of races at IMS.
                        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon09! View Post
                          I would maybe suggest a modern era driver as the other nimber 1 seed. I'm a younger fan and haven't seen alot of the older drivers race, so my opinions are, of course, skewed a bit. That said I've never seen anyone conquer Indy thebway Helio and Dario did.
                          Welcome aboard
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Now don’t go thinkin’ the Pro-Am drivers from Vintage Weekend should be on the list. Unless their name is Unser.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
                              I know I will get some flack, but, Mario Andretti should rate low on the chart.
                              So laps led and years raced and qualifying positions don't matter? Then it's just a list of winners. Been done.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X