replied
    Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

I always tip on take-out.
    Me, too. More now.

Leave a comment:

• iocat
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post

We were going on Expat Explore's European Jewel. Hope to reschedule in Fall, but....
    That itinerary looks awesome! I hope by fall everything is calmed down enough to go.

Leave a comment:

• Craigar1
    replied
    Originally posted by iocat View Post

OT but I'm curious where you were going to -- my wife works for a European guide book / tour company so I'm always curious! I hope you can get a refund or use the deposit later.
    We were going on Expat Explore's European Jewel. Hope to reschedule in Fall, but....

Leave a comment:

• iocat
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post

Fingers crossed that warmer weather will help. Wife and I were all set to go on a European tour (been saving for FIVE years), next month, and that is most likely ruined.

It's nothing compared to the suffering of many, just another teeny tiny drop in the global ocean of misery.
    OT but I'm curious where you were going to -- my wife works for a European guide book / tour company so I'm always curious! I hope you can get a refund or use the deposit later.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
    I think people will get used to carryout orders and eat in the restaurant less from now on. No tips to pay, and you can eat and converse at your leisure.
    I always tip on take-out.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    Originally posted by window View Post

I wonder what the new normal is going to be. New "norms" established - will they remain?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• atrackforumfan
    replied
    I think everyone who ate in restaurants had plenty of experience with eating at home. It isn't a new idea.

Leave a comment:

• DavidM
    replied
    I'm glad I got to attend one race before everything got locked down.

Leave a comment:

• AGRiculture
    replied
    I think people will get used to carryout orders and eat in the restaurant less from now on. No tips to pay, and you can eat and converse at your leisure.

Leave a comment:

• window
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Thanks for posting that. That was such a pivotal and bewildering time. I remember laying awake that night, wondering what was going to happen next.

I'm particularly happy to hear you're not being hurt financially as so many have been. As for normal, I really miss it. Here's hoping the world gets back to it sooner rather than later.
    I wonder what the new normal is going to be. New "norms" established - will they remain?

Leave a comment:

• adi(os)
    replied

https://twitter.com/nuerburgring/sta...39905831616519

Leave a comment:

• Glass Half Full
    replied
    Originally posted by jkeener24 View Post

Hang in there, everyone.
    Yup. That's right. Everyone, please take the action, or inaction, that's required to minimize this impact. We'll emerge and our lives will move forward.

Leave a comment:

• jkeener24
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Thanks for posting that. That was such a pivotal and bewildering time. I remember laying awake that night, wondering what was going to happen next.

I'm particularly happy to hear you're not being hurt financially as so many have been. As for normal, I really miss it. Here's hoping the world gets back to it sooner rather than later.
    It's going to be something I reflect on for the rest of my life, I'm sure, and as time goes on I think it's the feeling you refer to that will eclipse everything else in my memories. A very odd combination of being on the edge of my seat but with a slowly-growing sense of unease and maybe a bit of fear. Hope to never have a day like that again.

I appreciate the kind words and I hope you and yours are doing well, or as well as could be expected. I'm glad to have some slow days with my family, but I'm ready to give that up as soon as it's prudent to do so.

Hang in there, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• comfortably numb
    replied
    We are in a time that nothing we have experienced has prepared us for. You can't be sick of the news. And the news will not last forever.
    Just take care of your loved ones. The rest is insignificant compared to the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X