You didn't ask but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post
    I am SICK of silly season/election/corona news. I am ready for some RACING already.
    Two weeks have aged this thread something awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
      Exempt from what?

If you mean the promoter cannot be held liable for the cancelation of an event caused by something such as this viral outbreak, and/or the promoter does not have to offer refunds in the event of such a cancelation, that would fall under the heading(s) of "acts of God" and/or force majeure (unforeseeable events).
      I honestly don't remember what we were talking about.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Go back to post #10 from March 12th; which now feels like two months ago rather than a couple of weeks.
        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Still drawing a blank but I'm sure I had just read something somewhere stating that insurance would not cover the promoters and passed it along. Definitely not my area of expertise.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

It may well be you read/heard about the situation with the promoters of the St. Pete GP that I quoted in post #12 as that was focus of much discussion back then.
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

That does in fact seem like a month ago.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

March 11th was (at least in my view) the day things abruptly changed here in the US. That was the day the NBA announced it was suspending season play after the player on the Utah Jazz tested positive. It was the first domino to fall in a day started out fairly normal. By early evening it felt like a different world.

Comment

Yup. And I thought the NBA had lost its freaking mind when they did it. It has been a whirlwind since then.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

March 11th was (at least in my view) the day things abruptly changed here in the US. That was the day the NBA announced it was suspending season play after the player on the Utah Jazz tested positive. It was the first domino to fall in a day started out fairly normal. By early evening it felt like a different world.
                    Yes, this is about the time the worm turned for me.

Comment

I don't Tweet much, but I typically check Twitter a time or two per day to see if anything major has happened. On 3/11 and 3/12, there was a 24 hour period when I couldn't look away. Seemed like a major announcement every 5 minutes, and it does seem like months ago in some ways. I've been fortunate that the shutdown isn't affecting me financially yet, so it's essentially been an extended vacation for me, but man am I ready to get back to normal life as soon as we can.

Comment

Thanks for posting that. That was such a pivotal and bewildering time. I remember laying awake that night, wondering what was going to happen next.

I'm particularly happy to hear you're not being hurt financially as so many have been. As for normal, I really miss it. Here's hoping the world gets back to it sooner rather than later.

Comment

We are in a time that nothing we have experienced has prepared us for. You can't be sick of the news. And the news will not last forever.
                          Just take care of your loved ones. The rest is insignificant compared to the consequences.
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          ~~Groucho Marx
                          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Thanks for posting that. That was such a pivotal and bewildering time. I remember laying awake that night, wondering what was going to happen next.

I'm particularly happy to hear you're not being hurt financially as so many have been. As for normal, I really miss it. Here's hoping the world gets back to it sooner rather than later.
                            It's going to be something I reflect on for the rest of my life, I'm sure, and as time goes on I think it's the feeling you refer to that will eclipse everything else in my memories. A very odd combination of being on the edge of my seat but with a slowly-growing sense of unease and maybe a bit of fear. Hope to never have a day like that again.

I appreciate the kind words and I hope you and yours are doing well, or as well as could be expected. I'm glad to have some slow days with my family, but I'm ready to give that up as soon as it's prudent to do so.

Hang in there, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener24 View Post

Hang in there, everyone.
                              Yup. That's right. Everyone, please take the action, or inaction, that's required to minimize this impact. We'll emerge and our lives will move forward.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nuerburgring/sta...39905831616519

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X