You didn't ask but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't ask but...

I am SICK of silly season/election/corona news. I am ready for some RACING already.

I feel your pain.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Amen. I can go to the CE forum for that crap. I come here for racing talk...especially on opening week.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post
        I am SICK of silly season/election/corona news. I am ready for some RACING already.
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post
          I am ready for some RACING already.
          Same here. I cannot help but wonder, however, how much racing we'll end up getting in the months ahead.
          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

unfortunately, Unlike F1 and NASCAR, I don't see how Indycar venues or teams can afford to race without paying spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
              unfortunately, Unlike F1 and NASCAR, I don't see how Indycar venues or teams can afford to race without paying spectators.
              And I don't see how a promoter who has to take it on the chin this year is going to be back for next year.
              Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 63

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                Same here. I cannot help but wonder, however, how much racing we'll end up getting in the months ahead.
                Fingers crossed that warmer weather will help. Wife and I were all set to go on a European tour (been saving for FIVE years), next month, and that is most likely ruined.

It's nothing compared to the suffering of many, just another teeny tiny drop in the global ocean of misery.

Comment

Are promoters insured against this kind of stuff?
                  Memories of Indy 2012:
                  ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
                  Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapperJ View Post
                    Are promoters insured against this kind of stuff?
                    No
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

No
                      It is possible that they are, but what source do you have for this information? It is most likely true, but without solid proof we cannot know for certain

Comment

We know that Green Savoree (promoter of the race in St. Petersburg) does not have insurance (see below). Beyond that I can tell you that lots of big events/festivals don't have, or cannot get, insurance that covers things that can cause an event to be canceled such as terrorist attacks, "acts of god," force majeure (unforeseeable events), and the like. There's nothing new or unusual about that and language to that effect is typically incorporated into the sales terms of tickets.

"There have been no conversations at all about (it), other than the 16th annual Firestone Grand Prix is on," Savoree said. "If that situation changes, then we’ll deal with it."

Savoree added that the event does not have insurance that covers the outbreak or any effects on the race.
                        https://www.autoweek.com/racing/indy...virus-concern/
                        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Bummer.
                          Memories of Indy 2012:
                          ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
                          Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornys View Post

It is possible that they are, but what source do you have for this information? It is most likely true, but without solid proof we cannot know for certain
                            Just what I’ve read. Can’t remember the language that makes the virus exempt though.
                            Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Exempt from what?

If you mean the promoter cannot be held liable for the cancelation of an event caused by something such as this viral outbreak, and/or the promoter does not have to offer refunds in the event of such a cancelation, that would fall under the heading(s) of "acts of God" and/or force majeure (unforeseeable events).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X