At last: DICK SIMON!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last: DICK SIMON!!!

After begging folks for a book about the guy for 20+ years, after as much as volunteering to write said book myself, someone FINALLY has spent some serious time with one of my heroes, DICK SIMON...yes, he's on DINNER WITH RACERS! A two-parter, no less!

Episode 1

Episode 2

Listen on the links above, or on your podcatcher of choice.
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Someone was just tweeting about the Dick Simon episode... oh it makes sense now.

My iTunes is crying as I've requested it download 17 things simultaneously

Comment

very nice
      "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Mr. Simon was quite the character.
        First out on opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveK51 View Post
          Someone was just tweeting about the Dick Simon episode... oh it makes sense now.

My iTunes is crying as I've requested it download 17 things simultaneously
          Oh yes...LOTS of episodes of DWR downloading now. Richard was only the first.

Sam Posey.
          Geoff Bodine.
          Terry Labonte.
          Craig Breedlove!

R J VALENTINE!!!
          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Dick Simon, cool guy. Enjoyed his participation. I recall his short-sleeve white shirts and tie, and that he could turn on the waterworks at will.

Comment

What passion he had, and ALWAYS smiling!
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Wow.... I could listen to his stories all day! Thanks for the links.

Comment

I'm sure he'll tell the story about how he and the Dick Simon Trucking guy both dropped each other's name as if they were one in the same to get something in return. And they had never even met!
                  (must have eventually to be able to trade the stories)
                  Last edited by Stick500; 02-15-2020, 07:39 PM.
                  "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                  "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                  "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Ok, a little winter trivia; along with Simon, what other IndyCar driver was also a top-flight snow skier?
                    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Dean Hall for sure did the super-G style skiing, I think Felix Rosenqvist did as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post

Oh yes...LOTS of episodes of DWR downloading now. Richard was only the first.

Sam Posey.
                        Geoff Bodine.
                        Terry Labonte.
                        Craig Breedlove!

R J VALENTINE!!!
                        I haven't listened to Dick's yet. But the Boris Said one is hilarious. What he calls Paul Gentilozzi is fantastic.
                        http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

Dean Hall for sure did the super-G style skiing, I think Felix Rosenqvist did as well.
                          i thought he was the only man in today’s starting field who wears an ear ring
                          "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy View Post

i thought he was the only man in today’s starting field who wears an ear ring
                            Teo Fabi drives a Porsche... on the track and on the street.

Comment

Teo Fabi drives a Porsche... on the track and on the street.
                              international playboy danny sullivan is said to have an insatiable appetite for the ladies

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X