100 Days Out Party 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Days Out Party 2020

Who is spending Valentine’s Day evening at IMS Friday to kick the season into gear?
    It’s going to be COLD, they say.
    mrs goner said we’re going, Valentine’s Day or not!
    I think the tickets went quickly as usual.
    Last edited by goner; 02-12-2020, 02:10 PM. Reason: Spell

Post pics
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

I'll be there. Its been fairly quiet as to what drivers will be there. From what I understand, Roger Penske will be making announcements in regards to several key changes/improvements to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
      My Heroes are Lloyd Dobbler, Lloyd Christmas, and Lloyd Ruby

Comment

Keep us posted
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Man, I had to work to find this. Every Google search and almost every post that came up for 2019. It' our anniversary for Mrs. 11RowsOf3 and I are not going to IMS but can't wait to hear the announcements. Keep us updated, thank you!
          Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Comment

Anybody know the times tomorrow. I have tickets but it doesn't have a time.
            I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Red View Post
              Roger would not be pleased to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Red View Post
                7 - 10 p.m.

Comment

And 7 means 7. They typically do not open the doors until 7 sharp. No early birds.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyComeLately View Post
                    Its been fairly quiet as to what drivers will be there. .
                    Possibly Hinch and Wickens, I hear, don’t take it as gospel.
                    And the local guys that usually stop in.
                    Will Mr. Penske have the team drivers there?
                    Will a couple rookies waiting for their first IndyCar debut get some Q&A time?

Comment

Nice To meet you tonight and put a face to a name goner!
                      I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

Thanks, I enjoyed the evening and our conversation.
                        Doug opened the night and introduced Mr. Penske for a quick talk and mucho praise for Boles and the IMS and IndyCar staff, it felt honest. Much the same as the days earlier news.
                        Then back to Doug with an enthusiastic talk with PowerPoint and renderings of the changes and video boards. Big applause for the restrooms. I was asked if Mr. Penske is one of these folks with public restroom phobias. The fresh paint in the plaza facilities was noticeable.
                        Free pizza. Three bucks for beer. Sponsor booths had some sampling’s
                        Doug then began short talks with Simon, Will, Tony K, Hinch, and Jack Harvey. They were all fun and quick witted and positive.
                        In a nod to Valentines Day, Tony, Hinch and Jack with their partners played The Newlywed Game show with Doug and wife Beth, Simon and Will doing MC - host honors. It was hilarious. The Kanaan’s were the winners, Hinch was accused of cheating, “a driver accusing another driver of cheating, imagine that!” .
                        The cars of Simon and Will from last year were on hand and Carpenter’s #20 car with the aero shield was getting a lot of attention.
                        A speed artist began a painting at when the doors opened and finished a couple hours later. The main gate entrance was the scene.
                        Lights, how could I not mention the new lights being put in. Doug says everyone will love it and it will really modernize the place.
                        No, not on the track. The main gate logo now will be lit. The rendering looked good with the entrance shining bright to Main Street and The AJ Watson Roundabout.

That’s all folks.

Comment

Being that I was dateless on VD I should have been there.

Comment

Mopars, if you had been there you could have talked dirt trackin’ with Cole Bodine.
                            He and Driven were there and signing koozies.
                            Nice guy, ready to go racin’.

https://driven2savelives.org/2019/12/11/cole-bodine/

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
                              ....... and The AJ Watson Roundabout.

Thanks! Love that some people are at least using the Watson name there. I (along with others) was one who wrote various people trying to get the city to officially name the roundabout for Watson. Finally the IRMA group did put up the plaque for Watson very near where he used to own a speed shop. I know of several people like you who do refer to it as the Watson Roundabout.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X