No announcement yet.

COTA live testing thread,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaining about the windscreen is pointless. You can definitely have an opinion about it, but the fact remains that IndyCars will have windscreens in 2020 and beyond. If that impacts your ability to enjoy the series, that's too bad...but the constant complaining about it is getting a bit old. Move on. Nothing left to see here.
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing View Post

The start of the 500 is going to look horrific
      I'd rather the cars look horrific than watch drivers get hit in the head with debris. The drivers want it, the series listened and its not going anywhere.
      2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
      2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
      2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
      2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
      2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

Comment

War crimes are horrific, the start of the 500 will be fine.
        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Yes if the pole sitter jumps the start and is leading 500 yards before the start/finish line, you are correct it will.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

Yes if the pole sitter jumps the start and is leading 500 yards before the start/finish line, you are correct it will.
            It's unlikely Helio will be on poll, so we won't have to worry about that.

Comment

The broadcast said they would be back at 11am Central Time, it's now 11:30 and nothing. I'm guessing they must be coming back at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                The broadcast said they would be back at 11am Central Time, it's now 11:30 and nothing. I'm guessing they must be coming back at noon.
                Race control is projecting a green flag at 11:50 local time.

Comment

Maybe the TV Broadcast will only show the cars from the side and from the back. That's how I prefer to look at my wife, and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
                    Complaining about the windscreen is pointless. You can definitely have an opinion about it, but the fact remains that IndyCars will have windscreens in 2020 and beyond. If that impacts your ability to enjoy the series, that's too bad...but the constant complaining about it is getting a bit old. Move on. Nothing left to see here.
                    I wonder why none of the support series have the screen, especially lights.
                    Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

So far I've really enjoyed TK doing commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Powercat View Post
                        So far I've really enjoyed TK doing commentary.
                        He's great...
                        All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post

I wonder why none of the support series have the screen, especially lights.
                          All three have added that little front piece that IndyCar started using partway through last year

Comment

Very cool with the different in-cockpit camera angles. I like the one at the drivers eye level. It just needs to be about 3-4 inches higher to see over the wheel.
                            All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

To everyone complaining about the look of the windshield and how ugly it's going to look at the 500, I hope you don't renew you tickets for next year.

...and your seats are in B Penthouse.

It's a safety device retrofitted to a car that wasn't designed for such a device. It's also not as bad as the bumpers we had a few years ago.
                              "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
                                To everyone complaining about the look of the windshield and how ugly it's going to look at the 500, I hope you don't renew you tickets for next year.

...and your seats are in B Penthouse.

It's a safety device retrofitted to a car that wasn't designed for such a device. It's also not as bad as the bumpers we had a few years ago.
                                While the bumpers were ugly, I loved the way that car raced. Maybe the aeroscreen will make this version race better.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X