No announcement yet.

COTA live testing thread,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still 46 degrees and rainy in Austin...that's not a formula for driving slicks around COTA...certainly won't gain any useful information...other than it's really slick out there when you spin the car and potentially put in into the ProTech or armco.
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

At least they can get a sense of how the windscreen deals with the weather.
      I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
      Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Originally posted by doug251 View Post
        The aero screens don’t look so bad at the right angle, but head on they are redonkulous...The halo looks like gods gift to racing and sleekness in comparison...

We came so far getting this car looking slim and trim and then they put a bobble head on it..
        Some of the 'bulbous' look is the result of having to maintain a large enough opening at the top of the aeroscreen to facilitate access for the driver and to the driver in case of need for extrication.

Comment

Today is a colossal waste of time. Should have called it early and went and ate some bbq.

Comment

Sounds like they're pulling the plug on the day.

Comment

Done for today
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

Some of the 'bulbous' look is the result of having to maintain a large enough opening at the top of the aeroscreen to facilitate access for the driver and to the driver in case of need for extrication.
                I know, the halo is just way sleeker. Didn’t they say the entire thing can be removed in a reasonable amount of time? It really only looks horrific from straight on... I hope the airflow doesn’t become an issue in the heat...clearly today won’t help to answer many questions unfortunately.

Comment

I know, the halo is just way sleeker. Didn’t they say the entire thing can be removed in a reasonable amount of time? It really only looks horrific from straight on... I hope the airflow doesn’t become an issue in the heat...clearly today won’t help to answer many questions unfortunately.
                  I know they've tested different venting systems since it was introduced...with that said, I'd hate to be in one of those if say it was Indy 2018
                  Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

[QUOTE=doug251;n6598131]The aero screens don’t look so bad at the right angle, but head on they are redonkulous...The halo looks like gods gift to racing and sleekness in comparison...

I can hardly wait to see 11 rows of 3 of these pigs.

Comment

With tongue firmly in cheek.

I'd rather an ugly race car that goes pretty quick and races well than a beautiful race car that goes slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
                        With tongue firmly in cheek.

I'd rather an ugly race car that goes pretty quick and races well than a beautiful race car that goes slow.
                        That remains to be seen, I'll get back to you after the 500

Comment

Today's testing has been pushed back an hour thanks to more crappy weather

Comment

It really only looks horrific from straight on...
                            Really, though, how often do you look at an Indycar straight on from the nose? Other than a static display, most of the time you see the car either from the side, or possibly at a 3/4 angle, especially on tv.

I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

Really, though, how often do you look at an Indycar straight on from the nose? Other than a static display, most of the time you see the car either from the side, or possibly at a 3/4 angle, especially on tv.

The start of the 500 is going to look horrific
                              Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

All those in Turn 1 will see it on May 24th. I would venture to guess there will be those sitting in that turn who will think the same as me. Of course from my seat in Paddock north of the S/F line, I will get the side view and still call it ugly!!!
                                RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X