Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slompappy View Post

I mean surely to goodness they can do better than that
    That's what I thought. Oh well...beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder...
    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

The aero screens don’t look so bad at the right angle, but head on they are redonkulous...The halo looks like gods gift to racing and sleekness in comparison...

We came so far getting this car looking slim and trim and then they put a bobble head on it..

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy View Post

I mean surely to goodness they can do better than that
        They probably could...and don't call him Shirley.
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by doug251 View Post
          The aero screens don’t look so bad at the right angle, but head on they are redonkulous...The halo looks like gods gift to racing and sleekness in comparison...

We came so far getting this car looking slim and trim and then they put a bobble head on it..
          Hopefully 2022 comes along with a great looking canopy car
          "Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

Comment

Originally posted by HandsomeJo View Post

Hopefully 2022 comes along with a great looking canopy car
            Yeah, when they can design the car with the screen in mind I guess it will be a a bit more fair to judge then. I’ll give them a pass for now, but I do barf in my mouth a little every time I see that thing coming head on.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Grigson View Post
              The aero screens look fine to me . Better than I expected.
              They look terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post

They look terrible
                Trust me. You will get over the look if you just go with it. That's how I came to not notice the Halo on the F1 cars.

RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Originally posted by doug251 View Post

Yeah, when they can design the car with the screen in mind I guess it will be a a bit more fair to judge then. I’ll give them a pass for now, but I do barf in my mouth a little every time I see that thing coming head on.
                  Wonder when Indycar will start talking about the 2022 chassis. Shouldn't future designs be considered soon?
                  "Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

Comment

Originally posted by HandsomeJo View Post

Wonder when Indycar will start talking about the 2022 chassis. Shouldn't future designs be considered soon?
                    Probably start talking about it in 2025 or so.
                    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Grigson View Post

Trust me. You will get over the look if you just go with it. That's how I came to not notice the Halo on the F1 cars.
                      I dont have to "get over" the look. Never did with the DC-10 compared to the L1011, won't now with this!
                      RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing View Post

Probably start talking about it in 2025 or so.
                        That time frame sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by SactoIndyFan View Post

I dont have to "get over" the look. Never did with the DC-10 compared to the L1011, won't now with this!
                          Too funny! I haven't let the Halo ruin my love of F1 nor will I let the aero screen for Indycar. I guess in the name of safety I only care what the drivers think and it appears to be mostly positive.

RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

When the HALO hit F1 I was dead set against it. I absolutely hated it. Now, I really don't even notice it. I think we'll get used to it in no time.
                            I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                            Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
                              Ok, just for a little fun....looking at the IndyCar Race Control timing/scoring screen.

2:42!?!?!?! Boy those IndyCars are really slower than the F1 cars on the COTA circuit. We had an SCCA club racing Hyundai Veloster beat a 2:42! Wait, oh...that was an installation lap.

OK. More like it. Power shows his real speed and turns a 626.1200 mph lap.
                              Reminds me of the time that one of the crews decided to have some fun with Tom Carnegie and roll their car's transponder over the S/F timing line in the pits twice to make it look like the car had pulled off a record lap!

Comment

Originally posted by CGFRacer View Post
                                I heard at some point in the past that Firestone would not allow the teams to run unless the sum of track temp & air temp was 100 or over... with the air temp in the mid-40s, what's this mean for today (or was this not the case?
                                You have the formula right, but it is just for Ovals. And the manufacturer can override it either way. In other words, it is not written in (Fire)stone.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X