Marco to attend racing school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco to attend racing school

Maybe dad told him this is his last chance?

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...8RbXwqO5cuGvDM
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

He’s attended the Wilson school in the past.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...eview/2054949/

Comment

I dunno, I don't think the kid has it.

I would bet Michael could jump in the car tomorrow and be faster.

Comment

Do we really have to go through this New Improved Marco crap again?? He has half a year off and plenty of opportunity to race "street cars"..he doesn't do it. He's not interested in racing.

Comment

I remember when Wilson won the Barber Dodge Pro Series. So this is some kind of advanced pro drivers school? I've been a Marco critic but he sounds like he has a good attitude about it.
          You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Good on him. It can't hurt.
            www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Not uncommon - just rarely publicized. F1 dudes still go to him. Everyone should always be trying to improve their craft - no matter what it is.

Comment

If his last name weren't Andretti, the simple fact that he's a 'murican would have many of you fawning over his modest career results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                  I dunno, I don't think the kid has it.

I would bet Michael could jump in the car tomorrow and be faster.
                  If Michael could fit.

I think it's more that he doesn't want to be a racer, but it's the family business so he has no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUB 33 View Post
                    If his last name weren't Andretti, the simple fact that he's a 'murican would have many of you fawning over his modest career results.

Have a look at his results at Indy in the first 5 years ......

Not mentioning the fact that his support and appreciation for what Indy stands for appears the be a bit more than that of the man who caused his biggest heartbreak on the track.....

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post

If Michael could fit.

I think it's more that he doesn't want to be a racer, but it's the family business so he has no choice.
                      I knew a kid whose dad owned an air taxi outfit, had 6-8 planes and was well known. One winter I was tending bar to make ends meet and the kid came in a few times, told me he'd love to have my job, looked like fun. Didn't really want to fly but his dad wanted him to take over. 'I think I'll fly for a couple of years and then find something else to do....' A few months later, he was dead in an Islander, took a passenger with him. Went down in the water, the plane was never found.

https://www.planecrashwiki.com/fligh...Islander-1585/

10757723_300x300.jpg

Comment

That cockpit fairing looks familiar....
                        No signature required

Comment

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Mario told him years ago, "if you want to be a successful driver, you need to drive anything/everything every night of the week".

Marco did not take his sage advice.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BEAR View Post
                              Mario told him years ago, "if you want to be a successful driver, you need to drive anything/everything every night of the week".

Marco did not take his sage advice.
                              I've never gotten the feeling that Marco was into going into the family business.
                              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X