OT: Tony Stewart shows off his absurd car collection to Jeff Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Tony Stewart shows off his absurd car collection to Jeff Gordon

An interesting exchange between Tony and Jeff at 1:50 concerning IndyCars. I'm thinking of using Jeff G's response as my sig line,
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

This is most excellent

Comment

That's great, thanks.

Comment

Great video thanks

Comment

Ha! Good stuff!
          KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Comment

I was surprised that Gordon didn't know the differences between a G-Force and a Dallara.

Comment

Would seem that Jeff would have done Indy Cars based on his statement to Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                I was surprised that Gordon didn't know the differences between a G-Force and a Dallara.
                Why should anyone be surprised? He is no more interested in those cars (or the series they ran in) now than he was nearly a quarter of a century ago. Besides, those two cars could hardly be more generic-looking. They look like the box a race car came in.
                "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
                  Would seem hind-speak is always 20/20 (and cheap).

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Saw this piece, really cool interview and memories shared. I miss early 00’s Cup watching those two.
                    The artist formally known as 00steven/Little Dingo

Comment

In the conversation at the Crystal Pepsi midget they talk about the Diet-Pepsi car Jeff won the National Championship in with Rollie Helmling.. Rollie has that car, as it last raced, in his house. Rollie gave Jeff his start and they have remained close. They are at the chili bowl together.

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
                        That's what he said. I'm not going to attempt to read his mind to determine what he "really meant."

`
                        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Uh oh the man who unwittingly started the split in the first place now rekindling the flames with one sentence?

"I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

There's another part of that interview where Tony explained that he had been running Busch for Harry Ranier and was going to go with AJ for the IRL for the short early seasons but AJ didn't want him to be doing the part time stock car deal so he went to Menard. Then when he was looking to move to Cup Hendrick wanted him in the #25 car but he went with Gibbs in the #20
                            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                            "They're criminals"
                            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Great article with several quotes about Indy Car and the 500 from Jeff.

https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/...dianapolis-500
                              KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X